It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Vets Report High Sexual Trauma Rates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

SAN DIEGO -- A report Tuesday said 15-percent of the female U.S. veterans treated at veteran's hospitals said they were victims of sexual harassment or assault.

The report released at a medical conference in San Diego was based on a study of women who had sought medical care at Veterans Administration facilities between 2001 and last year after serving in Iraq or Afghanistan.

military.com

There is sexual harrassment and/or assault anywhere you go.

I have family in the military and police force. I was almost considering on joining the police force but backed out when I heard how bad the women were being treated by the men. A sexual abuse survivor, I did not want to put myself in a position, I did not have to. I have met many men who have gone through the same or similar.

I thought it would be interesting to post and see if anyone would like to comment on it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Acutally a study came out last year that men were harrassed at three times the rate of women in the military. the population differences considered.

Why? I am sure many can speculate, stress, control, etc.

And I think that women can be harrassed at whatever venue they work at, and what you consider harrassment to be.

Some can't stand a wink. Others basically have far more liberal limits.

I think women who tend to enter these fields know that there is going to be glass ceilings, harrassment, and discrimination, yet are willing to put up with it for the job.

My husband went to an automotive school. There were only about 3 females there in the large place. Yes, they catcalled and harrassed quite a bit.

But on the flip side, they received a lot of respect, admiration, and marriage proposals because the guys thought it was cool they chose this line of work.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What do the women expect they are in a war zone, there is lots of rage and chaos going on. I think war makes people do things that they normally wouldnt do it brings out their demons. This has been going on ever since the military let women in. No one deserves this, but just think of what the soldiers do to the local women and children of the area also. What happens to them? At least our women can report it. The ratio of women to men in Iraq is very drastic. Any women in the military can expect this, its not right but it happens. Any male dominate world will have this type of behavior.

new topics

join