It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

banned alchemy book?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm looking to find out about a book. I don't know the title and know very little about it. I know someone who knows the title but he won't tell anyone. He gave a few clues:

1) It was burned in Nazi Germany.
2) It has been banned many other countries.
3) It has something to do with alchemy and/or the manipulation of space and time.

He also said half-jokingly that it was on "like, the ten most banned books list" and that if he told us the title he might be arrested. Can anyone help?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by L1025

Sounds like he might have been referring to the Bible, kind of sarcastically. There's some that think the Manna was the Philosopher's Stone.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You sure he wasn't talking about the anarchist's cookbook?
I can't imagine in this day and age any kind of literature being banned everywhere.

Good luck learning how to transmute lead into gold, travel through time and all that after reading one book, though.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

lol yeah. I was just intrigued by the idea, that's all.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Something about the Thelema pops in mind... Googling it up right now

Ah found it en.wikipedia.org...

This is a book that is considerd to be lost partly due to a fire in Germany during wwII. Although some movements claim that they have acces to the full book. I have done some research into it, and I believe their claims could be accurate but I leave it up to others to come with a more researched opinion.

It has been banned in the past in several countries, but I don't know the current status quo.

Manipulation of space/time and alchemy definetly fit the profile of Crowley.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just curious, does alchemy encompass anything more than just transmutation?
Has anything useful come from alchemy?
Specific examples would be appreciated.
Sounds interesting.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
Just curious, does alchemy encompass anything more than just transmutation?
Has anything useful come from alchemy?
Specific examples would be appreciated.
Sounds interesting.

Modern chemestry grew out of alchemy. The pursuit of transmutation helped to create modern scientific tools and procedures, greatly increased knoeldge of chemicals and metals. Most importantly it got people thinking that natural processes could be understood and duplicated--alchemy paved the way for the Renescance and scientific revolution much more than is typically aknowledged.

Esoterically speaking though, the aim of alchemy was much more to purify the heart than to actually create gold. The whole process was allegorical for burning the dross out of the human spirit, and leaving only the sacred parts.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sorry forgot to put in this link www.oto-usa.org...
Ordo Templi Orientis

They are the ones living by this book. They are not the only ones their organisation is worldwide and has a very strong community in Scandinavia.

(should be a great one for the secret societies researchers too!)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thank you much.
I will have to look more into alchemy.
It sounds very interesting based on your briefing.
Not typically something I really payed attention to.
Once again thank you.

* ~

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

There is alchemy as a precursor to chemistry and then there is alchemy in the mystical sense. Both existed. One being transmutation of matter and the other being transformation of the spirit.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by L1025
I know someone who knows the title but he won't tell anyone. He gave a few clues:

Why do you trust him? What reasons does he have for not telling you the title?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by reticledc

There is alchemy as a precursor to chemistry and then there is alchemy in the mystical sense. Both existed. One being transmutation of matter and the other being transformation of the spirit.

I was about to post that same thing.

There is practical alchemy--that is the more scientific side of it--and spiritual alchemy, which is more religious and esoteric in nature.

Both are interesting to study, but alchemy can be a difficult field... so much of it is symbolic .

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

My understanding of alchemy is rather than turning a base metal into Gold the theory rests on turning the base chakra into 'Gold' rising through the chakra system (Kundalini) resulting in becoming more spiritually aware and finding abilities i.e. time travel. I think it was/is 'hidden' in the material thinking that they were/are trying to phsyically turn a base metal to gold for material wealth.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I trust him because he is both my teacher and a close friend. He has trained in the martial arts for most of his life and studies such things. The topic came up in a discussion we were having about spirituality in the martial arts.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ha Ha about 3 of us jumped in there with the same answer at the same time.....sorry for butting in!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by L1025

Could it be "The Magus"?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by L1025

Right on, I am close to my martial arts instructor as well

Did your teacher, and close friend, not give you any reasons for not telling you the title

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The first book that came to my mind is anarchist's cookbook!

This book is a hard to find book.. However I found one at a book show here in Tampa maybe 10 years back. It was a paper back copy.

But I will do some looking around for you.. However I would have to wonder why you would want such a book?

With such knowledge comes a high sense of responsibility! Dont think you can just open the book and start mixing up potions.. Or make bombs to hurt anyone..

You just might hurt yourself..
You will take your eye out kid!!! hehe

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwendoline

reply to post by asmeone2

That's because our minds are made of Gold spiritual matter and we channeled the answer from the same alchemy God

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

He said -- maybe jokingly -- that he might be arrested if he did. He also said something about the book being dangerous. My head was spinning, so I can't be exactly sure though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join