It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insanity is what it is!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well at least you know whats going on>
The insane don't think they are insane, they think quite the opposite.
I don't know what it is like to be a perfectionist but

I used to get so frustrated because I didn't know how to turn my mind off, to just relax and not care about anything. I would get really lazy, and disorganized just to feel like I had a care-free life style.

But I realized this was getting ridiculous. It seemed like the more I would "think" about relaxing, the more I would drive myself crazy. I don't know when I grew out of it, but now, when ever I want to escape frustration , I just turn on some chill tunes, and focus on something that I appreciate.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It is not often that I find a thread that sounds so much like me.... I still get weird and count things like, cars I have owned, my gas mileage, sexual, partners, friends that have died and so on..... What has worked the best for me is simplifying my life by finding satisfaction in owning less eating less, avoiding stimulants and rewarding myself for doing things that are positive.... Walk, get a bicycle, join a health club. Count miles walked or ridden or exercise repetitions, calorie intake, days with out liquor, or fast food.... Find a good used book store and read instead of poisoning your mind sitting in front of a television set..... Realize that you can't have it all, and that, quality supersedes quantity.... Prioritize what needs to be done.... don't own things that you don't need... simplify....less is more. About the intrusive thoughts, talk to someone that can help you discover what it is that you might be trying to block out. If you have a cell phone get rid of it. They keep you on call 24-7 and are dangerous as well.... Everyone that has replied to your post has a lot of insight, and have given great ideas, compassion, and concern.... Nice folks here.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join