It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5k US military personel stationed in Alabama, Violation of posse comitatus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I heard this on Lou Dobbs on CNN last night. The reporter said there was 5,000 US Army soldiers stationed in Alabama incase of civil unrest. I would provide a link but I cant seem to find one to this particular story. I have told other people and they laugh and say that its the national guard, they call me paranoid.

Might any of you all have seen this on TV? If so do you all know where I can find a source to link to? Thanks for reading and helping.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong place.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Lou Dobbs link

I find this article about these types of actions to just be a load of cr*p. There have been any number of plans for using troops in settling civil disobedience and riots from the mid 70's on. Although this article touches the issue, people would probably wet their panties if they saw the action plans for civil control after any type of nuclear event including war within the borders of the USA.

Only in the last few years with the last year in particular, have any of these action plans taken root or notice by the population. Most in part by this wonderful invention we call the internet where any nut job can make the wildest claim and have it feed on itself until it comes to life.

This is really non news, but you can't say that as there are too many people who believe the government is out to get them specifically.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Yep,just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not after you.
Heck I get nervous when I see a cop dressed in black roit gear,and I've done nothing to cause the fear.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well there are at least four bases in Alabama...

You have Ft Rucker, Ft McClellan, Anniston Depot, and Redstone Arsenal.

So I imagine there are at least 5000 troops there and probably a whole lot more.

Imagine that, military bases that have military personnel stationed on them, it's a crazy world, ain't it?

new topics

top topics

join