It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of Silence - One of Spinal Tap's Main Influences - SWEET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Maybe I should post this in conspiracy, but after really checking it out the Scottish band Sweet may have been the primary inspiration for Spinal Tap. I remember playing my older bro's "Desolation Boulevard" in first grade and rocking out to some fairly hilarious music. David Bowie and Lou Reed had nothing on these freaks:

This one still holds well and can add fun to any mix.
Fox on the Run.

Amazing: 10 hrs ago someone posted the same theory on the youtube board. Hahahahahah. Anyhoo, I think I brought it here first. Any thoughts?

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
:w::w::w:
:
::bash:

"They were still booing him when we came on stage."
"Oh, I got two hands here."
"How many times did I tell them? First Spinal Tap, then puppet show"
"Would you kick this ass for a man?"

Goodnight.

ColoradoJens:w::w::w:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

They definitely seem like the main inspiration. I think they also took some of Styx and their rather outrageous stage shows at the time.
Thank you for sharing those videos. The hair alone is going to cause me nightmares.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Kidflash, alright! We've got a believer! Thanks for the boost of confidence in the "theory." Now, I haven't read any books on the subject but come on! The bass player almost IS harry Shearer (sp?) in the Fox on the run video. Anyone else? If nothing else, please watch the vids if only to be gobsmacked by their hilarity of the times.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

:w:
:w::w:
:bnghd:

My God. Right away Derek Smalls is looking in the camera. I think the lyrics also inspired Spinal Tap. I mean: Love is like oxygen, you get too much you get too high, not enough and you're gonna' die (gonna' die) love gets you high.
It doesn't get sillier than that. Man, look at those guys! I was hoping for some hits from any Scottish ATS members based on Sweet alone, but maybe I should have put in "The Sweet" as maybe they are known better by that name there? Here, they were SWEET. Go Mick!

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

join