It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Fails To Hijack Russian Plane Police Arrest "Insane" Man Who Demanded Commercial Jet Fly To Vi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Man Fails To Hijack Russian Plane Police Arrest "Insane" Man Who Demanded Commercial Jet Fly To Vienna

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS/AP) A passenger demanded that a Moscow-bound flight change course and fly to Vienna but the attempted hijacking was thwarted.

Russian news media say the hijacker — described in one report as having a history of mental illness — was overpowered by other passengers.

After the plane landed at Vnukovo International Airport outside Moscow, CBS News reports that passengers have been evacuated, with no casualties. They will be kept at the airport for a while for interrogation

Russia's Federal Security service (FSB) said that the hijacker, who was arrested, has been identified as an insane individual with a prosecution record.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think this is kind of scary. It's scary to think there could have been a 9-11 type attack in Russia. Do you think that 9-11 might inspire people from around the world to launch similar types of attacks on other nations?

I'm just worried, like, say one more attack of this kind happens, and it happens successfully, then a lot of other people start doing it, and then you've got chaos and a plan for disaster.

This attack would have distracted the American public, and, it would have caused people here to want to support John McCain more, rather than Obama... if it were successful... because it would be a reminder of 9-11 to them and they would want a Republican in office for that reason because they think a Republican would be stronger than a Democrat on foreign policy.

I'm just amazed at how heroic the Russian people are. They stopped the hijacker from crashing their plane. No one was killed. Imagine what 9-11 would have been like if people were successful in stopping the hijacker.

What do you think of this?

www.cbsnews.com

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I think this is kind of scary. It's scary to think there could have been a 9-11 type attack in Russia. Do you think that 9-11 might inspire people from around the world to launch similar types of attacks on other nations?

I'm just worried, like, say one more attack of this kind happens, and it happens successfully, then a lot of other people start doing it, and then you've got chaos and a plan for disaster.

This attack would have distracted the American public, and, it would have caused people here to want to support John McCain more, rather than Obama... if it were successful... because it would be a reminder of 9-11 to them and they would want a Republican in office for that reason because they think a Republican would be stronger than a Democrat on foreign policy.

I'm just amazed at how heroic the Russian people are. They stopped the hijacker from crashing their plane. No one was killed. Imagine what 9-11 would have been like if people were successful in stopping the hijacker.

What do you think of this?

www.cbsnews.com

There will never be another successful high jacking of a comercial plane.

Everyone assumes now days your dead already once that happens and so no point in not trying to take the plane back by force. On my trip 2 weeks ago had someone tried that they would have been killed by me period. I gaurentee you any high jacked plane will be brought down by the passangers in a worst case scenario never by a high jacker again. After all your all dead anyway better to confront them and save a few lives than not to and everybody die.

Besides no non-mentaly ill terorist would be stupid enough to try it again.

P.S. I can fly so don't care if the pilots dead or not if it has wings I can land it.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Darthorious]

new topics

join