It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: Stephenville Texas buzzed by UFO's again!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
I have to say I always enjoy when I see the comment about lights and Aliens. Why would the lack of lights signify technical superiority? At what point does a technical civilization leave all light sources behind? Human vehicles have lights to show position, lights from instruments, light from propulsion, lights to fool the eye, lights to hoax and lights just for looks. Any all or none may apply to an alien craft. Say for instance a species evolves with sonar instead of eyes, they might not even realize we can see with light!

My guess is our visable guests simply don't care any more then a Safari Landrover cares about being seen as it crosses the Serengeti.

Bottom line is this: There has been zero evidence FOR alien existence (the kind of intelligent alien existence that visits us here on the earth).

UFOs exist, sure. I don't deny that. But it's foolish to link UFOs to aliens and claim that any sighting of a UFO with lights is indication of alien civilization visiting us.

Here are a few more ideas. There has been no stationary, hovering saucer filmed or photographed during daylight in the same manner as these lights, to my knowledge. Why is that? Perhaps this unidentified aircraft does not wish to be seen during the day, in which case, why the lights during the night? Maybe aliens are bats, and cannot stand daylight... Or maybe ... ...

The truth is frequently far simpler, so much that people tent to believe a rather more complicated, more sensational lie than the simpler truth.

I am not trying to be rude, by all means. Just that it's a waste of people's time and energy about all these aliens and their predictions of revelation at some month which all prove false as time goes on.

If a boy cries wolf seven times, all falsely, will you rush to him yet an eighth, ninth, tenth time, and so on? Just because there was some movement in the bush? I would probably wait for the boy to provide more evidence of the wolf, or at least train him to look for more evidence than the shaking of the bush.

I am interested in these UFOs as flying vessels, and would definitely like to learn more. But I don't assign their existence to alien civilization.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by gandaalf]

link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I just got an email back from Steve Allen. He said they're seeing this large craft just about every night around 8pm in the Stephenville area and that CNN is all over this!

Before you get too excited consider what we truthers are up against. A government that will do anything to keep the UFO presence under wraps. It might be nothing other than an attempt by the ultra UFO secret keepers to discredit the real sightings using a few paid "rednecks" to float a blimp with big lights on it up for a few minutes every night. Then of course the whole story including the actual real sightings will be blamed on these hoaxers. Thank goodness this can't work 100% because of the unidentified radar returns corroborating the sighting!

Thus it is with the diabolical arm of the government that wants to keep the secret contained. And those who have seen actual real unexplainable UFOs look like silly idiots.

I'm sorry but I just have to mention this because they are up against people who might not be as powerful, but are every bit as smart.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by TH3ON3]

link   
Ever seen an F-18 full Military power (afterburner)? Thats a type of propusion system that produces lights. Who are we to say that ET space craft should not emit any sort of light whithin the light spectrum that so happens that human eyeballs can see?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.empiretribune.com...

"Unlike other witnesses, Nick said he got a good look at the lights above his house. It appeared to be a metal object hovering about 400 feet in the air.

He said it moved away from the house and disappeared before reappearing closer to Dublin."

Wow! That's what I want to hear. That some of the witnesses actually saw a large solid craft in the air, not just "lights".

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gandaalf

"...in which case, why the lights during the night?"

Did it ever occur to you that the lights were a result of the craft's interaction with our atmosphere/magnetosphere and not 'running lights' as you seem to imply? It's entirely possible that a strong electrical field around the craft --- generated from or resultant --- could induce the formation of local plasmas. This would account for the changing lights and colors.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
as much as i would like to believe that this event is a ufo experience, I am amazed about all of the conclusions being drawn. There is no evidence saying that this is not of human origin. It could have been a military test, and experimental system, it could have been a foreign power, for all we know it could have been a terrorist attack...but the only thing that people believe is that it is an advanced alien species that manages to get recorded on videos and chased by F16s...sounds a little naive

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by unbelievable

I don't think anyone is claiming that they know for sure it was an ET event although it could be. I think it's safe to say that it deserves investigation. Question I have to ask is if it is a military craft, why are they flying it over an area that is well known for UFO sightings. Don't they know that it will only cause a fire storm? By flying a large silent circular craft with lights over Stephenville or Dublin they're just asking for it...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Shouldn't we be very cautious about alleged UFO sightings in circumstances similar with the mentioned case on this thread?

It was night
Military plains sighted afterward or at same time.
Event had very brief exposure for being captured on media devices.
Made headlines very quickly.
Earlier similar case at same place (night sky graffiti) looks suspicious.

Mass psyop experiment instead of a UFO, anyone?

And yes, they might be asking for it. An establishment, in order to control events, they have to be able to produce their own believable versions, for purpose of research and exploitation, whoever "they" might be. Even the slightest "weird" event at similar conditions, has very good chances of appearing like a UFO in places of alleged and much hyped UFO activity.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by populardisbelief]

[edit on 27-10-2008 by populardisbelief]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
Great thread.
I always like hearing about UFO and crop circle reports. Here's my two cents though:

If it were any kind of top-secret military aircraft, don't you think they would be a little more secretive with their test flights? I mean there's no doubting there are man-made UFO's in existence, but wouldn't you think these vessels would only be handled at secret military bases, for a very short amount of time during a period of night when there would probably be the least amount of human activity?

I am sure they would test fly them at super secret locations but that does not imply they will never use them. In fact why would they build them unless they planned to use them, at least sparingly?

In all likelyhood, a man made/reverse enginereed ufo makes for an ideal platform when performing covert, non-existant missions...even better than a f-117a or b-2.

Originally posted by Tgautier13
Flying a man-made saucer out above a man's ranch for an extended period of time would just seem like carelessness on the part of the military if you ask me.

Not at all. 99.999999%(including myself) are totally clueless as to who is piloting the ufo and what "their" objective is. If most people assume it is an extra-terrestial craft then the government can do anything it wants with full impunity.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Little logic to the tactic though. Everytime you engage in actvities like that you widen the loop of knowledge.

All airmen, soldiers, controllers and people arent involved in high level conspiracy and im afraid if these secret groups kept flying prototype craft around pretending to be UFOs, the higher the chances of any number of people become aware and morally compromsied.

Why would they take a high risk strategy when they could simply "identify" UFOs or "find a crashed one" at any given time?

Im willing to accept that some prototypes are being tested but I highly doubt the military is trying to make them seen by flying them over populated areas, that in itself is just an idea without merit.

They wouldnt risk such a level of compromise and being implicated in anything of that nature without serious reasons to do so (serious to them, not us) so I very much doubt the ones flying around in public areas are military craft.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Here's a good article: www.opednews.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

I guess it depends on how sensitive a particular mission is. If the military does have such hardware it would probably use it very sparingly. What missions? I don't know but Fema has been known to fly black, unidentified helicopters in the past and rumors of joint US-Alien underground bases is nothing new.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

I guess it depends on how sensitive a particular mission is. If the military does have such hardware it would probably use it very sparingly. What missions? I don't know but Fema has been known to fly black, unidentified helicopters in the past and rumors of joint US-Alien underground bases is nothing new.

In not sayin they wouldnt use them, just saying they wouldnt take them out to hover above civilian areas and taunt the general public.

Im sure if they do use the prototypes for some reason they launch as quietly and quickly as possible with the aim of getting there and back without being seen. In that sense some sightings at altitude might well be covert craft, however the ones which joyride the populace I think definately wouldnt be military vehicles.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Your point has merit. However, we cannot discern what their mission may be. While I believe personally that we are being actively engaged by a number of alien intelligences, it cannot be ruled out that the government simply wants us to believe that.

If that is the case, you would see secret government craft all over the place. Fooling the control operators would be simple enough. They would just all fly in and out of a select few SECURE facilities where the controllers were breifed.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Your point has merit. However, we cannot discern what their mission may be. While I believe personally that we are being actively engaged by a number of alien intelligences, it cannot be ruled out that the government simply wants us to believe that.

If that is the case, you would see secret government craft all over the place. Fooling the control operators would be simple enough. They would just all fly in and out of a select few SECURE facilities where the controllers were breifed.

My concern with that would be risking an open agenda. While many people might be willing to engage in secrecy due to "national security", I dont believe a high % of those would engage in any kind of agenda which was designed to steal power and create a new world order which is what this tactic suggests.

Remeber in order to contain these secrets it must involved a very closed very select group of people who have access to all the facts. You might find teams of scientists working on things with very little knoweldge or background on the where, why and how, everything would be need to know and most people outside of the loop would have a very fragmented view of whats going on.

Contrary to some beliefs I do think that most military people are actually loyal to their countries and to certain values, and I think if many of these people were directly exposed to some agenda designed to supercede power and create some new order, you would find them in moral disagreement with it.

These secret individuals are protected by their secrecy but they are also limited in many ways by it. They will have a limited number of "faceless" MIBs doing their main dirty work and they cannot afford to generally involve or raise questions in lower circles.

You can see already how many have defected from the secrecy agenda, imaging how many more would turn if they realised this sort of total manipulation is going on.

Im not saying its impossible but given the risks and the limits of operation I just thik its way too high a risk strategy for a group of people who are becoming more and more exposed by whistle blowers.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Your points are valid. Anything is possible and the craft could indeed be of ET origin. But just as likely it could be some kind of psychological experiment to see how people would react to a gradual and controlled disclosure. What I find odd is that the same place keeps getting buzzed in less than a year, there are never any aliens reported, allegedly there is a top secret base nearby and most importantly(and oddly enough) the mainstream media is all of a sudden taking the ufo topic seriously. IMO the coincidences all seem to yell: ARE PEOPLE READY FOR DISCLOSURE?

Contrary to what most people think I really don't believe the "secret government" is evil. Yes they may have engaged in dubious and unlawful experiments, mutilated animals and other "evil" doings but who are we to pass judgement on their ULTIMATE MOTIVES? Maybe the government was forced or severly coerced to make an alliance. Heck most of the technology we take for granted such as pc's, laptops, camcorders, medical advancements, stealthy aircraft, etc are probably from "foreign intelligence". I doubt we as a species could have evolved so greatly in the last 100 years without help.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I don't mean to sound condescending by this, but I'm assuming you've never served in the military. I can tell you first hand the moral compromises people will make in the name of military honor.

That being said, I would urge you to consider what I said. If the craft are being flown out of one or two bases, it is VERY probable they have enough people brainwashed enough to man those bases. It is just a matter of telling them how vital it is to national security and enough awards/money/honor.

There is a very active brainwashing campaign in the military. While I was in basic training, they were actively recruiting the best soldiers for ALL SORTS of "special assignments."... Problem is, the longer I go without being in the service, the more these details become fuzzy, believe it or not, so I won't risk showing my ass in telling you that, if I had chosen to, I could have been on staff anywhere from a military intelligence post all the way up to Delta Force training.
I have seen people make disgusting compromises to what *I* would consider moral integrity in the sake of remaining the status quo and that was on the most basic infantry level post.

I have also had dealings with people who were WAY above my pay scale and I can tell you that these people disregard individuality to such a degree that one would liken them to a robot. This is just reality.

In the end, we have know way of knowing unless someone comes clean.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am troubled by those who find no evidence in eyewitness accounts. These eyewitnesses who give info to police could be charged with a crime if filing a fake report. Also, eyewitness testimony is routinely used in civil and criminal trials.

How many people are doing hard time based on eyewitness testimony, because the jury found it to reliable and believable. The standard of proof in criminal trials for conviction is "beyond a reasonable doubt". Day in and day out, people satisfy this standard frequently by eyewitness testimony.

Yes, I am an attorney.

The lights, and the question of running lights. Has anyone here seen the footage from Turkey. The UFO seems to be only illuminated by moonlight and possibly cockpit diodes. Seems like you can see some character in it.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

According to many insiders delta force(which is not even acknowledged) and private security firms are being used at these ultra secret facilities.

I believe most of what you say. What truely bugs me though is are other countries doing the same? Russia, france, uk, etc...

I remember watching a tv documentary once on russia's "area 51" but I forget where it is.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join