It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignoring Evidence, and YOU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
As a kid, I remember my star-gazing nights out on the tip of southern Italy. Armed with little or no knowledge of what it was that I was seeing, I'd do what we've all done (presumably) and traced my own constellations, and visited my own worlds.

There came a point where I'd see white spheres coasting above me, and of course I willfully jumped to the conclusion that they were UFOs. And so it all began.

Despite having since learned to recognize what it was that I saw, (low orbit satellites, Venus, shooting stars, aircraft, the list goes on...) the evidence has never thwarted my belief that at least some of what I saw was extraterrestrial. Furthermore, it helped shape much of my contemporary life's hobbies and reading.

Which leads me to my question:

Despite evidence, debunking and common sense, do you still hold to a belief that you are continuously told is unreal? That you are aware is unreal? But just can't help it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

The official position of the military and the government is that UFOs pose no threat and they are not interested in the subject. They do not take any side on whether the UFOs are extraterrestrial in nature, although Project Blue Book went out of its way to use the swamp gas explanation on every sighting. The finding of the Project Moon Dust documents by Sgt Clifford Stone in the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) shows the government and military are still interested as the project has a new classified name.
The government lies and conceals the truth to protect security and itself. We must take what they state with a grain of salt, and do our own research into the subject.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yes, absolutely. There's nothing more subjective than evidence sometimes. What I mean though, is that sometimes despite logic, I tend to go with my gut. Like looking at a fire and telling myself, "If I put my hand in there this time, it's not going to burn."

There's no reason why it shouldn't other than a feeling, or gut instinct.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

That is why you have nerves which will send pain responses to your brain if you put your hand in the fire. Unless you are a firewalker, or are trained on how to do such a feat, I would not advise it.
While the government does lie at times, there are times when science is telling us the truth. If you put your hand in a fire it will burn has been proven many times. When it comes to UFOs and other paranormal subjects, it is better to do some research yourself to figure out what is going on.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
meh, most of the time common sense is completely contrary to reality. statistically, life exists outside our solar system. anecdotally, this life has been visiting us for thousands of years. common sense however holds that life outside ou solar system probably doesn't exist and if it does it doesn't come here.

the conflict you feel is because you are capable of independent thought.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
my entire world view is based %100 on things that I KNOW are not real, I choose to believe in them because its more entertaining and hypothetically educational. The things I'm talking about are anything from individuality, math, to ufo's and physical reality. I have to pretend things are solid and real so I dont remember my infinite essence so that these finite games seemingly become my temporary reality for whatever purpose I am trying to fulfill at any hypothetical idea of a moment, things like feeding this body etc etc. The reason I believe this way, is because Im a skeptic, and Ive experienced things that show this truth to me clearly, I have never in my life found any scrap of evidence to show that any of this is really happening in the way we typically think, and rather when I let go of believing in reality, a truer more real reality sets in. Now I cant say its real even though it feels more real than this one in the same way the 3rd dimension seems more real than the 2nd, so I must just surrender to the fact that its all just ideas floating around in some indescribable ineffable(___)...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oscitate
Yes, absolutely. There's nothing more subjective than evidence sometimes. What I mean though, is that sometimes despite logic, I tend to go with my gut. Like looking at a fire and telling myself, "If I put my hand in there this time, it's not going to burn."

There's no reason why it shouldn't other than a feeling, or gut instinct.

The world around you is the world that you ONLY percieve... nobody
else sees it like you. What you know or no know, as an effect on how
you see your world.
Based on that, anything is possible.
Excuse my spelling, my hand's still stinging from the 'Fire' experiment.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I believe ET's exist, despite all the hoaxes and frauds throughout time.

There is too much evidence to support this case. If you think about it,, if some very powerful group like the illuminati decide to keep this entire subject and it's reality a secret, then it is possible to wipe out all conclusive evidence from the public's eyes.

I don't have a flying saucer, but someone does.. and they don't show it to anyone like you and me, they show it to a small group of elite.

If you wish for evidence of ET reality, then visit This Link.

Perhaps there you might find some compelling evidence, I personally am fascinated by the Cometa Report, you can find this document at the link I provided too.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I tire. Evidence ... lets clarify what we mean by evidence ? Do we mean "Yo , got a heap of non terrestrial guff landed in my garden, come have a look before the suits get here!" or are we more interested in the "Oh hey look , this indestinct , fuzzy , possibly CGI'd blob of light that I recorded on my HIGH 8 cam , could be a spaceship". I for one have only respect for the first option. Its all gravy that people are watching the skies, but they seem to be doing it with the shoddiest available tools , and that makes me angry . Further more, there is SO much damned hoaxing going on at the moment. I cant tell wether its government sponsored (but I wouldnt put it past the disinformation addicts of the CIA) but the level of these hoaxes makes me livid, largely because its tainting people into thinking "well thats the best darn footage I ever saw, even if it is fake , and ya know I bet when I DO see something its gonna look jus like that right there". The subconcious effect of these things is not lost on me .

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I tire. Evidence ... lets clarify what we mean by evidence ? Do we mean "Yo , got a heap of non terrestrial guff landed in my garden, come have a look before the suits get here!" or are we more interested in the "Oh hey look , this indestinct , fuzzy , possibly CGI'd blob of light that I recorded on my HIGH 8 cam , could be a spaceship". I for one have only respect for the first option. Its all gravy that people are watching the skies, but they seem to be doing it with the shoddiest available tools , and that makes me angry . Further more, there is SO much damned hoaxing going on at the moment. I cant tell wether its government sponsored (but I wouldnt put it past the disinformation addicts of the CIA) but the level of these hoaxes makes me livid, largely because its tainting people into thinking "well thats the best darn footage I ever saw, even if it is fake , and ya know I bet when I DO see something its gonna look jus like that right there". The subconcious effect of these things is not lost on me .

There is evidence my friend. I'm not saying it is conclusive, but the amount of testimony from high ranking government and military officials is overwhelming in my humble opinion.

The evidence we are all looking for is not in our possession, it is in the possession of the same people who spread the disinformation itself.

As for all the videos out there, I can agree that most of it are blurry hoaxes and shams. But there are a few vids and pics out there that really caught my eye. Atleast a few of these footages have to be real.

new topics

top topics

join