It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What's up with...?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
ok, a general thing that I've been noticing with a certain person ....

Badge01.

Yep, him. First it was the negative points. Then it was his upside down signature. I think that was his anyway. Now he's got a quote from Star Trek. No biggie right?

Except he's got it quoted for "William T. Kirk".

Say what? Ok, I'm not a major nitpicker but this one caught my attention.

So you know Badge01, It's "James T. Kirk."

Is this some sorta test? Or am I hallucinating? Or if your hallucinating and I'm picking up on it I gotta watch my medication levels then.

Edited to add:
I think I got it. The part of James T. Kirk was played by William Shatner. Therefore the William. If I remember right for years people kept confusing the two. Therefore culminating in his "I am Canadian!!" speech.

Edited to add one more time:
"What does God need with a Starship? - William T. Kirk " = signature quote.

Edited to remove something for the good of all mankind.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Deson]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
He is a mod they are here to mess with your head. LOL You really notice things dont you. You are on ATS/BTS the site has finally got to you.LOL

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Perhaps they are all practicing for something BIG.
Want to see how observant and "ON our toes" we really are.
The Mods are conspiring.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
oh great. (chuckle)

Mods on a conspiracy website conspiring. Now there's a mental spiral leading into one heck of a Rabbit hole right there.

Sometimes I'm oblivious (fashion for example). It can come in handy though at times:

Friend:"What were you thinking??!"

Me: "Well it worked didn't it?"

Although it's strange though at times I notice the tiny little things that set off a "What the...?" reaction. This site though, is one heck of a Brain exercise site. Hmmm, sorta like a Gymnasium for the mind. That I think is a good way of thinking about it.

Edited to add:

Something that I've noticed. Badge01 has changed his sig again. Yesterday part of it said "-Badge" (no quotes) now it says the same thing except it's upside down now. As if to draw attention to a "misspelling" that I suspect isn't really a misspelling. Unless it's deliberately misspelled because Mods typically don't misspell. So why would Badge01 misspell his name in his sig? I suspect it was deliberate.

I would dearly love to know how the upside down part was done. (chuckle)

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Deson]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
James T.Kirk + William Shatner = William T Kirk.

Its rather genious since nobody ever distinguishes between the two anyway

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hmm, further thoughts and yet another change.

ok, something that I failed to mention is the connection between "The Borg" Star Trek Next Gen and the Kirk quote. Linkage? Star Trek. One from the Original series and one from Next Gen.

Now there is something new. A quote from Tremors (1990). Attributed to a Valentine McKee. Played by Kevin Bacon. The link runs towards Kevin Bacon but the quote is from a character of his. The quote is slightly incomplete.

The complete line for Valentine McKee. " Yeah. See, we plan ahead, that way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me."

Yet:

Later on in the film we hear Valentine McKee say "Earl explained it to me: we plan ahead, that way, we don't do anything right now. "

So the same character is saying the same thing essentially but slightly different.

I'm not sure if there is any deeper meaning to this or not. Or maybe Badge01 just likes Tremors. Never had a chance to watch it myself. From what I understand it may be bad enough to qualify for my "Movies so bad that they are great!" category for my movie collection. Yes, I collect bad movies. Not just good ones. The truly horrendous ones have a special place in my heart.

Source for quotes

new topics

top topics

join