It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Religions Have The Right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Do leaders and spokesmen of religions have the right to tell people what to do if,1)they are not a member of that church.2)they have no belief at all??

It seems like there's always a group of different church's out there telling people what they shouldn't watch,what they shouldn't listen to,what they shouldn't learn about etc.

Instead of addressing,say,'all Catholics' or 'all Evangelists' they target everyone,and wait expectantly for them to fall in line.

I personally object to being told what i can and can't do,especially by a faith that isn't my own.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
No they don't have the right...although some think they do. And they shame me for my choices despite the fact that I leave things be

oh wel...it will happen forever

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
They have the right to say whatever crackpot thing that comes to their feeble head.

They can't force you to do anything.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Instead of addressing,say,'all Catholics' or 'all Evangelists' they target everyone,and wait expectantly for them to fall in line.

They will only do it if they feel they have the power! If you keep your power, they will scurry away.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You can listen or not Freedom of speech give people the right to say what they want. Like if i don't like what you say on this forum I can just forget it. We all have freedom of speech you might not like what they say but they have the right to say what they want. You have your own mind and make your own decisions. So what does it matter what they say really.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

Well,its not just that they say these things,of course that would be easy to ignore,but they have representatives on various boards such as education and tv censorship,and therefore they are in a position to change things to suit their faith and their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I believe we have the right to say what is wrong and right through the context of the bible. But outside of it I dont think it is good. God gave us free will in the first place. God knows what we do end the end is our own choice. No one makes a killer be a killer. Or a rapist be a rapist. TV does'nt do it, music does'nt do it. The mind of a person does it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Do leaders and spokesmen of religions have the right to tell people what to do if,1)they are not a member of that church.2)they have no belief at all??

It seems like there's always a group of different church's out there telling people what they shouldn't watch,what they shouldn't listen to,what they shouldn't learn about etc.

I personally object to being told what i can and can't do,especially by a faith that isn't my own.

You don't have to heed the warnings. No one is forcing you to comply are they?

new topics

top topics

join