It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Gaffe - "Agrees" with Murtha - Pennsylvania is Racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
How awkward was this for John McCain? He fumbles around and mis-steps time and time again and finally drags it out. He seems to be more confused than Bush in some of his more perplexing times.

While this is funny and it cracks me up, there's a bigger concern here. Watch it and let me know what you think it is.

Murtha's Quote

"There is no question that Western Pennsylvania is a racist area."

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Man, he sure stumbled over his words. I almost felt sorry for him. If you're gonna stumble over words, that was not the best time to do it.

The look on his wife's face shows she caught it right away.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Clark W. Griswold]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
He is definetely not Obama rico suave that is for sure.
It still does not change the fact that Murtha is the one that gaffed. Your title should be changed. It is misleading.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

HA! Classic looks on the faces behind him indeed. Obviously a gaffe, so don't go too hard on the ole' feller; is your issue that he is old, always forgets the punch line and is one tanning bed session away from giving the keys to the hockey mom? Headline: "Hocky Mom Drives Nation in Armorplated SUV to Practice in Azebijan"

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It should also be noted that this comment originated from Democrat Jack Murtha, not McCain.

Murtha's the one who thinks PA is racist...oh and redneck too.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I changed the title and added Murtha's quote.

Happy?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Not at all.

Misspeaking in quoting Murtha is nowhere near the same as agreeing with him.

I won't try and explain the difference to you, even though you have stuck up for Obama's gaffes numerous times, and condemned those who brought them up.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
He is definetely not Obama rico suave that is for sure..

As long as the teleprompter is around. When it's off, he stumbles around and stutters as bad as Bush.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This has to be the most classic gaffe ever!!! I heard this on the way home on the radio and I thought someone possibly edited it, I couldn't believe it, this gaffe is almost too unbelievable to put it in the gaffe column, it could be placed in the pure all out idiotic column, all I can say is WOW, to answer the question in the thread, I am not sure what the bigger issue is here though except it looked like he was having a mental short circuit and he actually got ahead of himself trying to present the point, was he drunk ? it actually took him about 2 or 3 seconds to process what he said as being incorrect

[edit on 23-10-2008 by phinubian]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

join