It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wash Your Hands!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
In the last three days I have witnessed the most unbelievable display of unsanitary practice by people in the city in which I reside, that Iam totally flabbergasted.
While using the washroom facilities at a local mall, and a nearby coffee shop, I witnessed women using the washroom and leaving without washing their hands.
EEWWW!
So even though I DO wash my hands, I have to touch the filthy door that they left their germs on, thus defeating the purpose entirely.
I've gone somewhat "Howie Mandel" "GERMAPHOBE" and now carry a bottle of Purell in my purse.
What's worse is that there has been an outbreak of Ecoli in our city that is a DEADLY strain that killed many in a town called Walkerton.
en.wikipedia.org...
While the cause has been linked to one restaurant, the incubation can be up to 7-10 days after you eat something infected. That means you could be spreading it to many others via not just your washroom at home, but in public as well.
Just a simple practice of washing your hands could prevent you or others from getting sick.
Use some common sense people, and keep your germs to yourself.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Then your see these people touching everything. I just want to go up to these people and yell "This person is spreading disease they do not know how to wash their hands." There are times I hate to go shopping because I don't know who has touched this stuff. Maybe I should live in a Bubble.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Oh goodness i know what you mean, I just dont get how people find it so hard to not put there hands under some running water with a little soap,

I always carry a little bottle of hand sanitizer with me as public loo's just have so many germs running around,

I even see people just walking there kids on out with out making them wash there hands, that really bugs me.. As its not teaching the child anything about personal hygine and saftey,

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I agree ladies. As much as I hate to sound childish... GROSS.
I don't understand either. I have a co-worker who does not wash her hands. :shk:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here's a little trend that I would like to start for the boys in the house.
Sure, always wash your hands after you go to the bathroom.
As important for winkle hygiene, wash your hands BEFORE you go to the bathroom.

[edit on 10/22/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Who actually touches the handle of the bathroom door with their bare hands when they are leaving? That's disgusting. I either push it open with my foot or put a paper towel in my hand to pull it.

Basically, it's foolish to assume anyone ever washes their hands. Especially when you see that people don't even cover their mouth to sneeze, cough, or anything else.

People are nasty in general.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I also, have a thing with germs. (I have Purell, in my car, in my purse, in my book-bag, and on my desk). You just never know.

At our University, some of the toilets are automatic, but some aren't. I always use my foot to flush, and I know that's probably not too considerate for the people after me, but i can't stand touching the handles.
Everything else in the bathrooms is automatic, soap, sinks, and papertowel. That is better, but still, some people do not wash their hands.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I will use a clean piece of tissue to touch the handle and flush.
I try to avoid public washrooms if I can, but sometimes, especially out and about with the kids, it's necessary.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
we were talking about this just today.....its disgusting!!!

i hear people leave public bathrooms all the time without washing their hands.... NEVER eat or put your hands near your mouth without washing or sanitising your hands first.....some people are

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by enlighten2012

It's becoming more prevalent now to do so.
The cause of the Ecoli in my city has yet to be determined even though all those infected ate at the same restaurant. Very sad, but a one year old baby is clinging to life in hospital now because of it. It's kidneys are failing due to complications from Ecoli.
Now I see on the news, a restaurant shut down in Toronto because an employee was found to have Hepatitis A.
And a school in Missouri is reeling with an HIV scare.
Up here we are still recovering from a food recall at a meat packing plant found contaminated with Listeriosis.
I'm considering moving into a big bubble.
It seems to be that which we cannot see, that poses the biggest threat to us.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It is my phobia too AD, I have to get toilet paper to open some bathroom doors. I refuse to touch the sink handles or anything directly. What was once a weird quirk is now validation for me, good call Girlfriend, this thread is important...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I have a good one for you.

My doctor aspirated a ganglion cyst I had on my foot. He used a needle and his bare hands to clear out the fluid. So he now has that and some of my blood on his fingers, not to mention he was just handling my foot.

We leave the exam room and he puts the needle into the sharps disposal beside the sink in the hall, wipes his hands with paper towel, but uses no soap or water. Not even any hand sanitizer that was sitting right next to the sink.

He then walked into the next exam room to see a mother and her child.

He's been a great doctor for years, but I had to report him to the College of Physicians and Surgeons, their regulatory body in Ontario. His lack of sanitation could be potentially lethal to his patients.

Of all people you would think a doctor would know better. :shk:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's gotten so bad you can't eat your packed lunch on the lav anymore.

By the way AD.carrying the Purell won't work coz I pooed in the bottle.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Wow!
Anx, I thought it was common practice for ALL to use rubber gloves.
THAT"S AWFUL!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
It's gotten so bad you can't eat your packed lunch on the lav anymore.

By the way AD.carrying the Purell won't work coz I pooed in the bottle.

T, you are just NASTY.
I'll getcha back.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You would hate me then, yes i wash my hands in public places but maybe not at home (unless i'm cooking for people). When i go to do work at the allotment and take lunch i usually eat it with dirt covered hands. I wonder what you'd do if you saw that
I think people are to paranoid about germs, well apart from those guys in biohazard labs.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Oh man...you just reminded me of the very thing I was about to go through. I had gotten seen for a supposed ganglion cyst. When the doctor came in and took a look at it, he had no gloves on, and he didn't even attempt to wash his hands. As soon as he left I got up and washed my hands. I went to the sink and there was no soap! Eww...good thing I carried some hand wipes that kills 99% germs. And his fingers looked gross...like he had been gnawing at them or something.

I was so close to getting an aspiration that day because the head doctor came in and started talking to us about what could be done. She had to leave and when the other doctor came in there was a lady with him with a tray full of things to get ready for the procedure if I so chose to have it done. My husband convinced me that I should go through the surgery instead because it wasn't certain that what I have is a ganglion cyst. I was told that the head doctor would be doing the surgery and in a way I'm glad I didn't go through with the aspiration that day with the first doctor because it could of made things worse...and now I'm thinking he could of done the same thing that you went through since he showed a lack of sanitization.

It is a shame when it's a doctor and they don't take the measures to make sure that they don't contaminate their patients with germs, especially when they just finished seeing prior patients.

With public bathrooms, I use paper towels for everything. If there's no paper towels I use toilet tissue. I use my foot to flush the commode and to open the door when needed. If the garbage can has a lid flap and there are no paper towels to open it, I open it up with my foot. I don't care whose looking...cause I don't want any cooties, lol.

I created this thread awhile back on germs: How to sneeze and cough

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Are we in such a hurry any more that just plain good hygeine and common sense escapes us?

Take some time and wash your hands

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
My gosh..I was right!

Women lead in bacteria, hands down, according to study of 51 college students.

"The sheer number of bacteria species detected on the hands of the study participants was a big surprise, and so was the greater diversity of bacteria we found on the hands of women," added lead researcher Noah Fierer, an assistant professor in Colorado's department of ecology and evolutionary biology.

Visit link for full article:
healthandfitness.sympatico.msn.ca...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You're faster than me AD, I was just going to post that in the thread.

My only concern with the study was the low number of participants and wondered how they could draw any conclusion with such a small group. It certainly doesn't represent a decent group of the populous or even account for regional differences.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join