It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the headlines read "The White House is destroyed"?!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
^^You turn on any news and all you get is such the news story that it was destroyed without any forewarning or foreknowledge...

The questions are then:

1. What are your first thoughts on it concerned with initially?

Like: All the innocent ppl that lost their life? All the corrupt ppl that lost their life? Did it kill the president and vice president? Your future is F'ed? Your future is bright now? The U.S.'s future? Was it Russia? Was it China? Was it Osama Bin Laden? Home grown terrorists did it? Is this a revolution finally come? God did it? Satan did it? The Beast is coming? The False Prophet is tricking everyone? Natural disaster? Alien invasion? Accident? The world is free now? America is finally liberated? What was used exactly? Or etc?

2. What will you be doing next?

Like: Staying stuck to the news? Preparing for the worst right where you stay? Fleeing the country incase of an all out nuke war? Rushing over there to help out the best way that you can? Or etc?

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Mabus]

admin edit: changed title to reflect content

[edit on 10-22-2008 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If I turned on the news and heard that, I would assume it's 'terrorism' related. That is, people trying to change or influence public opinion and policy through violent measures. I would also be highly suspicious of inside involvement, given the well-defended and secure nature of the White House.

Would the secret Karl Rove clones in the 8th-level sub-basements be affected??

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There are only 3 types of people in the world!

1. People who make things happen.

2. People who watch things happen.

3. Sheople who say " What happened" ?

Start at the top.

Most likely a terrorist attack either inside or outside.

Next it would be like anything in American history we will take our hits, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and get right back in the game.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
In this day of cruise missle, and ballistic missiles launched from subs, one can only question the wisdom of maintaining our seat of Government on a coastline. It should be moved to the middle of Kansas somewhere.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I would first wonder what the method was that was employed.

The white house is built in a way that would make anything but an internal fire / explosion ineffective. I would immediately assume it was an inside job.

My first action would be to check out the web for possible explanations while cowering to CNN / FOX / BBC for the coverage of the scene.

My second action would be realization that we are indeed on our own and now left to fend for ourselves, assuming there is no leadership. Also, I would imagine that Marshall Law is in effect and keep my go bag nearby and start to evaluate what other preparations to make, depending on the time, who's responsible and what the country's reaction will be.

If domestic, I would assume that WE are the enemy and will be treated as such. Running to the country / hills might be a good plan.

If international, I would then assume that such a fatal blow ups the ante considerably and that "all options" are on the table as a response / counterstrike. This thing is probably going nuclear... So my next move would be in anticipation of all out WW3.

Staying tuned to international shortwave broadcasts while well sheltered would be the best bet in such a case. Listening to the propaganda of all sides would form a common thread from which to extrapolate logical data that would be otherwise abstruse on domestic broadcasts.

Oh and I would proverbially crap my drawers at the same time.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I believe my first reaction would be to hope bush, cheney, and co are in office instead of reading schoolbooks and playing innocent.

I believe our best bet to save our liberties is to leave our government right where its at.

In the crosshairs.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I would weigh the odds, to me no one of executive importance was probably killed as they spend little time there. (this is not saying that any loss of life is any less important but from a Government integrity stand point losing the White House would only be a symbolic loss)

It was burned down in the civil war I believe and had to be rebuilt so this would be no different.

It could only happen with a breach in security such as a food delivery truck hijacked and a bomb placed inside. Plus a well coordinated diversion of some type.

The tactical planning and assets required to bring it down though would not equal any benefit.

The US has a well oiled chain of command structure in the event we lose one or both of the executive office holders. We have been through it several times in the past and the country has not dived into chaos but rather rallied together in strength.

Which would be the opposite reaction from what a terrorist would want to occur.

Bottom line this scenario is highly unlikely as it provides no strategic advantage to the "terrorists".

[edit on 22-10-2008 by robertfenix]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
^^You turn on any news and all you get is such the news story that it was destroyed without any forewarning or foreknowledge...

I'd go with terrorists, but I'd disagree with any idea that there were no forewarning or foreknowledge. I'd find that laughable considering how often I hear that American intelligence agencies are brilliant. Even if American agencies hadn't picked it up themselves, I'd refuse to believe that allied agencies from abroad hadn't tipped them off.

So really at that point, I'd be wondering why the American government actually let it happen. Then I'd start feeling sorry for the American people.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My first thought will be "Damn there goes all this weeks tv shows, gonna be stuck with up to the minute footage for a week."

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by Mabus

I'd go with terrorists, but I'd disagree with any idea that there were no forewarning or foreknowledge. I'd find that laughable considering how often I hear that American intelligence agencies are brilliant. Even if American agencies hadn't picked it up themselves, I'd refuse to believe that allied agencies from abroad hadn't tipped them off.

So really at that point, I'd be wondering why the American government actually let it happen. Then I'd start feeling sorry for the American people.

There is a chance there is something they dont foreknow. And knowing them, they'll rather say they did foreknow just so they look like they got the best intelligence. The thing is, is they'll only look stupid if they make appear to ppl falsely that they did have intelligence that led to no prevention.

How the human behavor acts before something big happens can be a forewarning without the humans themselves it will affect in some big way foreknowing that they are a wear of a forewarning how the cosmos got everybody here on the planet when they are targeted by another set of humans. Just my 2 cent. And if they lie and say they foreknew some other way despite the human behavor way, then one big event makes for another big event that is blindly put forth.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
In this day of cruise missle, and ballistic missiles launched from subs, one can only question the wisdom of maintaining our seat of Government on a coastline. It should be moved to the middle of Kansas somewhere.

You do have a point indeed. I dont know, but long time ago, why did they build it there, and then rebuild it there? An invasion by ships with troops back then wouldn't have its troops take long to get across to it to take it down. If it were in the central zone at least they could get word in time about what or who is coming.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Would you be bothered if GWB and senior was there? just them and only them were hurt?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I will not be surprised in the least. I will sip my water and pet my cat, and then light another incense and watch it happen all over again. I will look intently at the mangled bodies and bloody faces, teary eyes and wounded souls, and I will pray that they understand what their role is. I will not be effected either way. Sure death seems to suck, but only for the time it takes to die, and only if you believe in it, if you are curious, you realize you aint getting any younger, so you are dying right now, so enjoy it! Life is death. I have been expecting the complete downfall of the 'lucrative systems' of earth through stress, confusion, and chaos for thousands of years.
Simply growing pains.
People dont need leaders or establishments, and this is obvious, and obviously, they will one day decay like time and memories of preschool time-outs. So it wont be surprising when it happens.

Inevitably, people will all become each others teachers, and this duality plagued perception we hold, will too decay, and our ego's will be replaced with our selves, and we will truly understand how to make it all work fluidly without leaders.

The only systems people "need"(they dont even really need anything but survival gnosis), are the ones that naturally form through people being compassionate for one another's wellbeing. Beyond that, some simple systems will coalesce through creative curiosity in the arts, which used to be called the sciences. There will be constructive criticism and competition not for profit, but for a singular goal of infinite understanding.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
well since im in Canada, i would think the Canadians did it since they already burned down the white house before JK

No i would watch as Marshall law is quickly declared right after the incident and all rights and freedoms are suspended until the Culprits are caught. Then i would watch as the borders close down all flights and travel is suspended. then i would probably see a massive deployment of troops and aircraft to keep Marshall law intact. then the Us leader will probably tell Canada to do the same and blame Canada saying that those who did it came from here (ring any bells)

then Knowing Harper, If he is still in power, He will agree and then Canada will be plunged into a civil war until our government is removed. Russia will probably help the resistance for a price. after the Coup De Tate Russia will want to install missiles in Canada. The US will get mad, Launch missiles to destroy those installments and then there goes WWIII.

but hey its just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
There are only 3 types of people in the world!

1. People who make things happen.

2. People who watch things happen.

3. Sheople who say " What happened" ?

Start at the top.

Most likely a terrorist attack either inside or outside.

Next it would be like anything in American history we will take our hits, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and get right back in the game.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by SLAYER69]

1.) Was Bush in there?
2.) Was Cheney in there?
3.) Was Rove in there?

--IF not, #, #, damn. IF SO, well, the building could use some renovations anyway for actual leadership. JUST "WHAT IF" as you wrote. I don't see it happening though.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If the headline read, "The White House is destroyed"!!...

-...the by-line would likely be "Vice President Cheney Sworn In as President, Declares Martial Law"

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist

-...the by-line would likely be "Vice President Cheney Sworn In as President, Declares Martial Law"

But serioulsy .. you honestly wish them death?
SIN

And Obama would do a better job?! HAHA
HAHA

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I'd laugh and laugh and laugh.

top topics

join