It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More tax dollars out the window?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Generally I go through the business news every morning to keep abreast of things predominantly in conjunction with my job in the automotive sector.

Was reading . . . this . . .

No biggie, right.

But in the middle of it, I see this . . .

Yesterday the Fed announced plans to buy as much as $540 billion short-term debt from money market funds, facing severe redemption pressures.

My question . . . is this in excess of what's already been promised?

Doing a rough calculation on what they've promised so far, it far exceeds the initial $700 or so billion.

Where the hell is THIS money supposed to come from. Seems almost daily any more that the fed announces another couple hundred billion dollars or so for the 'economy'.

Bizzare.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
No, this is a proposed SECOND bail out, cough, i mean recovery package, that is being pushed.

Ridiculous right!

I think we need to chill the hell out. We cant jsut keep showing money into this. I wish they could just let the market work out its fever for a while before tryng to manipulate it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here's how it came about . . .

New York Times

gotta love this . . .

The answer came from an industry group led by JPMorgan Chase, according to individuals close to the situation who also were not authorized to discuss it publicly. The bank, along with a group of several major money-market investors, approached the Fed earlier this month with a plan to set up privately run entities that could start purchasing short-term debt from the funds.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostlandseller
No, this is a proposed SECOND bail out, cough, i mean recovery package, that is being pushed.

Ridiculous right!

I think we need to chill the hell out. We cant jsut keep showing money into this. I wish they could just let the market work out its fever for a while before tryng to manipulate it.

Actually . . . according to the New York Times . . . it is the THIRD.

Three strikes and you're OUT

Out of pocket, that is!!!!

top topics

join