It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by sentinel2107
particularly the Deep Space Network (DSN) system that they have set up - incidentally the DSN has the capability to be used even for Mars mission if it ever comes up later.

So when did India set up a Deep Space network?

The 32-metre dish antenna to track Chandrayaan-1
Courtesy: The Hindu

In addition to what sentinel has mentioned in his post above,

The antenna is a massive system with the dish, mount, bull gear systems and wheels. The total antenna system weighs 350 tonnes. It is 11-stories tall from the ground to the tip of a quarter-pod installed inside the dish which is also called the reflector.the antenna rotates on a circular track on four wheels, called the wheel and track system.

All four wheels are aligned with extreme precision, each wheel weighs two tonnes and is 20 cm thick. The bull gear is the rotating system which supports the dish.

The dish was designed and developed by the Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL), Hyderabad.

Others who made important contributions to the project included the ISTRAC, the ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC), Bangalore, L and T, Godrej, Vamshi Electronics, Hyderabad, and SLN Technologies Private Limited, Bangalore.

More

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

From what I have gathered, they are doing this "loop-the-loop" for fine-tuning the calibration of their tracking systems (focussed on the spacecraft under the gravitational tugs of the Earth, the Moon and the Sun), particularly the Deep Space Network (DSN) system that they have set up - incidentally the DSN has the capability to be used even for Mars mission if it ever comes up later.

[edit on 29/10/2008 by sentinel2107]

Hey MikeS & Zorgon!

Do you think this "loop-the-loop" tactics being employed by ISRO for calibration purposes indicates that they have later on become aware of the moon's gravity discrepancy (2/3rd instead of 1/6th of Earth's), and are trying manipulate Chandrayaan's orbits accordingly, since this new tactic actually is not what they had in mind prior to the mission - the earlier plan involved a Trans Lunar Injection orbit.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

zorgon, such a great post, I can hardly refrain from commenting.
From your post:

'them nitwits' two are friends and valued contacts. Guy Cramer owns Hyperstealth Inc and his company specializes in hiding large building. One of his contracts is HAARP. Guy's grandfather worked with John Lear's father with TT Brown on anti gravity research in 1950's under DoD contract... Project Winterhaven

Dr Resnick holds 23 top secret patents and several others and was 'involved' with NASA for 25 years. Joe also founded the National Anti-Terrorism Technology Development and Training Center for the purpose of advancing technologies for use in the fight against Domestic and Global Terrorism.

The third fellow is very hard to find but is a director of HyperStealth Biotechnology Corp.

Hiding a HAARP

But I do not want to interrupt the flow of the thread.

But this:
www.jaxa.jp...

A claymation moon.... it looks like waves of gray clay.
I know.. all that left over gray Navy deck paint dye from WWII
helped us get to the moon.

Direct flights to the moon only when you guys figure out what
gravity is. Brown almost got there.

Perhaps I now know where cell phone trees came from.
The HAARP forest harvest.

Any way to stop the advance of the terrorist, cause we got
subway shoot outs here instead of the wild west. Some import
landed in a raft from the DR on the shores of Texas and makes
a bee line for New York City.. you remember 9/11 Town.
Lets put more advanced anti terror systems where the terror is.

Gosh, I did make comments. Oh well carry on, on to the moon,
loop de looping. I'll call this the sponge bob flight to the moon.

ED: This just in:
Fly Stick Van De Graff Levitation Wand
ca.youtube.com...

[edit on 10/30/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
india ought to first shed poverty , till it does not shed poverty , it will be a third world country ....

it ought to first millions who starve due to corruption of govt in India ,
but lol, Manmohan Singh is a weak leader , he goes and worships USA

its saddening that India is so poor and its middle class , despises the poor class and hindus murder christians and muslims in riots

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
The 32-metre dish antenna to track Chandrayaan-1

Oopsy my bad... I was researching Kwajalien and their DSN consists of satellite posts in deep space... I wasn't thinking ground sations

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
zorgon, such a great post, I can hardly refrain from commenting.
From your post:
But I do not want to interrupt the flow of the thread.

Feel free to U2U me I have a lot more

JAXA SAY... THIS is the color of the Moon

NASA SAYS... THIS is the color of the Moon... (we already proved this one to be a composite

USGS SAYS... THIS is the color of the Moon...

China took no Color picture...

I wonder what color India will say the Moon is

ZORGON SAYS... THIS is the color of the moon... taken from Earth on a poor day with a 10 inch scope by Mike Deegan in London

And we didn't need no stinkin multi million dollar spaceship

That image is the reduced version... the 100% version is printer ready CMYK tiff and is 123 megs... but that is not available yet...

[edit on 30-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

ZORGON SAYS... THIS is the color of the moon... taken from Earth on a poor day with a 10 inch scope by Mike Deegan in London

[edit on 30-10-2008 by zorgon]

Zor, in that big image, check out the area around crater Aristarchus(??) region (at location 10 o'clock shall I say, with the bluish patch). Doesn't it appear that a larger parallelogram area (with the bluish patch at one of the vertices) is decidedly more "clear" than the surrounding region? Has the original photo been tampered with?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel2107Doesn't it appear that a larger parallelogram area (with the bluish patch at one of the vertices) is decidedly more "clear" than the surrounding region? Has the original photo been tampered with?

Nope no tampering... but lets not drag Aristarchus in here
I will link you via u2u

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You've forgotten to add this image of the Moon taken by Apollo 11...

This photograph of the full Moon was taken from Apollo 11 during its trip back to Earth from a distance of roughly 18,000 km. The picture is centered at approximately 5 N, 55 E, the round smooth area just above the center of the disk is Mare Crisium, left of that is Mare Tranquilitatis. The Apollo 11 landing site is along the left side of Tranquilitatis. The Moon is about 3480 km in diameter and north is at roughly 11:30. (Apollo 11, AS11-44-6667)
Courtesy: NASA

This seems to be the actual color of the Moon taken way back in the 60s. So how come the Japanese have dished out a near black and white image taken by their latest hi tech HD camera? What's cookin'???

Cheers!

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Yeah, it's funny what little adjustments to saturation levels can do, especially when you're scanning images from film. Here's that same image with a higher res scan. Sorry, it's a little too big to embed here:AS11-44-6667

Then there's the one here, that's gone a little overboard but it does show the hidden beauty, it also has a good explanation:Colors of the moon

The one that zorgon posted is nice. I notice that the mare do show color but that the cratered areas (as featured in the few Kaguya pics we have access to) lean toward the gray. I must say that I've never noticed that much color when I've used a 'scope looking at the moon though.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by mikesingh

Then there's the one here, that's gone a little overboard but it does show the hidden beauty, it also has a good explanation:Colors of the moon

Amazing!
As the description goes...

Is the moon really this colorful? In a way, yes. The lunar surface actually does have quite a bit of color, although in reality it is very subtle. In this photograph, the color saturation has been enhanced to bring out the differences in the colors of the various areas of the surface. The hues are correct, just much more vivid than we usually see them.

So what's the conclusion? Somewhere in between I guess!

Cheers!

www.rc-astro.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Phage]

Man!!
That took me to a dreamworld!

From which star system do u guys hail from anyway?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The impactor puzzles me. If we were to believe the Apollo astronauts could only drill down a few meters before it hit metal? I wish they could drive a titanium bolt from a rail gun into it. (dreaming).
What would have been very cool is if they landed an acoustic monitoring system that could pick up moonquakes and such.

I am proud of India to have launched such an ambitious probe.

Thank you once again for such a succinct and detailed overview.

[edit on 10/31/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Hehe kinetic energy provides a massive advantage to the probe.

Drilling into moon regolith wouldn't be too hard. I think the premise of Armageddon was that they had to drill into a solid metal asteroid.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Chandrayaan-1 Camera Tested

The Terrain Mapping camera (TMC) on board Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft was successfully operated on October 29, 2008 through a series of commands issued from the Spacecraft Control Centre of ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC) at Bangalore.Earth as Viewed by Chandrayaan-1: Click for Full Image Analysis of the first imagery received by the Indian Deep Space Network (IDSN) at Byalalu and later processed by Indian Space Science Data Centre (ISSDC) confirms excellent performance of the camera. ....

Link...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Forgive my post if its already been answered elsewhere, but do we have a rough time as to when this probe is supposed to get to the moon and start the real work?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

it should settle into its final orbit around the moon (100km) by November 14th.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by DataWraith

it should settle into its final orbit around the moon (100km) by November 14th.

Thanks .

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107

Wow!!!
Fantastic resolution!! Way to go!

Thanx sentinel for keeping us updated!!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That resolution really is incredible!

The specs on the CCD are quite impressive. This should definitely be the best remote sensing mission to the moon ever!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join