It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeez Alice did I have to follow you down the hole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A Hello message and a to get to know me message/rant!

First let me say that I am new to the site, but not some of theroies on here. Please bear with me and it may help you understand our younger military minds and I know not everyone thinks they are bad. I was always thought I was a conservative republican up until a couple of years ago (Now a Constitutionalist) and before anyone ask yes a Hillbilly can learn new tricks
! The young kids in the military are re-taught like a new school and not all bad (disipline), but never question orders, one thing you have to realize is that does not go over well these days like when I came in because of the new media, they question everything (good) (I still train as a consultant) so we can hope not all is lost!

After growing up a country boy and then retiring from the Navy after 20+ years I followed the line (Hardline Dad), towards the end of my career I really started looking at what was going on around me and things did just not sit right (I was in every major conflict from the early 80's till after 9/11). I am a research hound and I have really bad doubts about our future, luckily I have the skills and means (Growing up in the appalachian mountains and military training) to were I am prepared as anyone, I hope can be prepared.

I am glad to have found the rabbit hole with and do not want to make this unreadable with my ramblings but I look forward to learning and sharing in my down time with you all.

My hates GOV secrets, controlling and not running the country and the lies/decept/coruption and who knows what else in D.C.

Agree or Disagree Take Care All!

P.S. Laid back, hard working, beer drinking country boy till you poke him with a stick! Cheers

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well hello to you too! Have you read my screen name?

I think this is in the wrong forum, so the MODS might move it.

I do not believe all is lost. I believe that as long as we have hope there always will be hope.

So you are in the Appalachians? That must be pretty. I am from Jersey, and used to camp in the Delaware Water Gap. So much untouched land. Are you near North Carlina? That's where Blackwater trains.

Weird sidenote. If you go to their website, you can buy stuff from their store. One of the things currently on clearance is a Christmas ornament. Cuz nothing says 'tis the season like the Blackwater paw print!

Anyway, thanks for your service to this country. You will like ATS, I think. There are people from every view point and lots of different nations here.

Edited because I forgot a word.

[edit on 10/21/2008 by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Welcome to the underground of the internet

ATS is in my opinion the global public intelligence agency so you will fit right in.

Take a beer, relax and open your mind.

Have fun

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

Didn't mean to kick dirt in your house .

I still toll around the Hampton Roads area for the work I do (24 years was enough) and I know a couple of the Black Water guys and have friends who have places there (to swampy for me). But yes appalachian mountains TN side.

My wife has family up in DE and it is awesome. Thanks for thoughts and I hope I don't step in your hole rabbit hole and get dirt on the couch

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

You would fit right in here 4 dogs and 4 cats
animal heaven
z

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

I would have to say that Black Water is like any other machine you get what you put into it, there are some really good who think they are doing they right thing (remember the ambush where they were, well hung and disgraced
I will have to go back and find the sources but most of those guys disapproved of what what going on in Iraq, then they (a group who didn't agree) got sent on a patrol without the proper vehichles and no rear gunners/half personnel patrol in the most violent area, i.e. death sentence) just like the military there are guys who think they are doing the patriotic thing and others for money!

Sorry to deaden a happy post but it has to be said!

top topics

join