It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something strange has been goin on in my house......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i live right off of i-10 inside the loop for those of you who are familliar with houston, texas. anyway since i have moved into my new townhouse a few weird occurances have happened.

one night i was in my room with my bathroom door open. i was watching tv and all of a sudden i hear a "click" sound and one of the lights turns on inside my bathroom. this has happened about 2-3 different times on different nights. One of those times my girlfriend was there with me so i know i wasnt imagining things. at first i tried to tell myself that whenever i had turned the light off last, i hit the other light switch next to it and maybe left it half way on or something.

a couple weeks later i was in my room on my computer with my tv turned on. all of a sudden the tv starts changing channels on its own. i have dish network, so all of a sudden it would go to the channel menu and then flip through channels really fast. i thought maybe my receiver was messed up. i tried changing it back to the channel i was previously watching and it would start flipping through the channels on its own again. i even tried turning the reciever off and on but it was still going crazy on its own. eventually i just turned it off and gave up. the next day everything was back to normal and my tv hasnt done anything remotely weird since.

now for the event that made me post this here in the first place. i woke up in my bed this morning to the sound of a loud "thud". the first thing that came to my mind before even fully opening my eyes was that either my tv remote had fallen off my bed, or my ps3 controller had somehow fallen off my dresser. as i sit up and open my eyes i see the tv turned on but theres no picture just fuzzyness you get from no signal. one second after i sit up and see my tv is turned on my alarm clock goes off (its the usual time it goes off) . so i look around my room and i see my remote still on my nightstand and my ps3 controller still on my dresser! i quickly get out of bed freaked out looking for anything that i could have knocked off my bed that would have made that loud "thud" sound. the only thing on my floor was some dirty clothes from the night before and some of my school notebooks but nothing that would have fallen and made the sound i heard. whats even weirder is that even if it was my remote that had fallen, if you hit the tv power button with dish network it goes to the channel menu not the fuzzy screen. which means at least 2 buttons had to of been pressed to get to the no signal screen.

this really freaked me out. i have tried to ignore the first couple occurances and label them "coincedince" but this event this morning really had me thinking. so i decided to share this with all of you to see what you guys think. weird events have seemed to happen to my family in the past i dont know if this has anything to do with it. as if it was hereditary or something. i just wanted to know what you guys think? weird coincedince or something else? im a christian and i believe in God. i dont know why something like this would be happening to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The activity you are mentioning seems to be of a spirit which is harmless and wants to do prank, just wait for a few months and see if the activity subsides, if not, try communicating with it, using, one tap for no and twice for yes, for questions you pose to them, or better still do a EVP, maybe that should help, to come to a conlusion regarding this.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sounds like you might have a poltergeist...
Or as some tells me , you have a big imagination...

check out this site, www.experiencefestival.com...
its one of many that you can do some research on.

Ive experienced some very scary things going on in my house for years.
And believe me, they are not imaginary.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
The activity you are mentioning seems to be of a spirit which is harmless and wants to do prank, just wait for a few months and see if the activity subsides, if not, try communicating with it, using, one tap for no and twice for yes, for questions you pose to them, or better still do a EVP, maybe that should help, to come to a conlusion regarding this.

well considering im a christian, trying to communicate with it is against my religion. my uncles who are both preachers have told me some disturbing stories about people who communicate with the "dead". so i would rather not i think there should be something else i could possibly try.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
set up a webcam and take video for a few nights.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Have you thought about asking your neighbors about anything unusual about the history of your place. I am from Houston and know what part of town you are talking about. Try and find out if anyone passed away recently or in the past. Maybe they could tell you about anyone that had lived there previously. It is worth a try. I would be totally freaked out as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
hey completely understand why you are posting this... i have just posted something similiar last night and the only logical thing to do in your situation, since you know people associated with a church, why not contact them to see if an exorcism can be performed. If all else fails, move.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
luminous i live in houston too.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by amish hebrew

cool, amish hebrew.....

seriously though, i think i might go for the webcam thing and let it record for a night or two. just to see if it is something beyond my imagination, because i have been told i have a very vivid one. but then again strange things have been happening to me all my life. i know in the end it must be for some purpose.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I really don't think its anything paranormal.

You mentioned that you live in a new townhouse. I can almost guarantee that your neighbors also have direct tv. With so many statellite dishes in close proximity you are probably getting some interferance that is causing your tv to turn on, and switch channels.

As a kid I use to go and stand outside people's windows and change their channels with a remote while they watched. Really funny BTW. So don't rule out punk ass kids.

Loud "thuds" could be anything. From neighbors to any activity outside. You were in bed at the time, and probably asleep or half asleep. It really could have come from anywhere.

Until you start seeing things out of the corner of your eye, or feel like your being watched, I would try and look for logical answers to why these things are occurring.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Luminous

must say I can at least agree with you on the dish network part... mine oftengoes thru the channels all on it's own. put it back to the original channel and it just starts again. Figured it was a glitch with the system, but it doesn't happen near as much as it used to, so I never called them to complain/ask why.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
I really don't think its anything paranormal.

You mentioned that you live in a new townhouse. I can almost guarantee that your neighbors also have direct tv. With so many statellite dishes in close proximity you are probably getting some interferance that is causing your tv to turn on, and switch channels.

As a kid I use to go and stand outside people's windows and change their channels with a remote while they watched. Really funny BTW. So don't rule out punk ass kids.

Loud "thuds" could be anything. From neighbors to any activity outside. You were in bed at the time, and probably asleep or half asleep. It really could have come from anywhere.

Until you start seeing things out of the corner of your eye, or feel like your being watched, I would try and look for logical answers to why these things are occurring.

i agree with you as im am not usually one to rule out the obvious when it comes to things like this. like i said the first couple instances of the lights coming on i tried to use logic as to why it would happen. and as for the "thud" i heard it was very distinct and it came from somewhere next to my bed. its the same sound i have heard before whenever my tv remote has accidentally fallen off the bed, hence my first thought as to what it was. im pretty good about recognizing that sort of thing as i have good senses. and i doubt there was anyone from the outside that could have interfered with the tv signal as my room is on the 3rd floor of my townhouse. as for now im gonna say it was all coincedince (or hope at least) but the event that happened to me yesterday was very out of the ordinary. it seemed like it happened in the blink of an eye. i hear the thud i sit up see my tv is turned on and my alarm goes off. i guess you would have had to be in my place at that exact moment in time to fully understand.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Your satellite box is bugged by the NSA and an ET ally is trying to tell you this. If you find cables unplugged, the dish (outside) moved, the box or remote scratched or moved, then you have to get a new satellite box. Of course, it could also be your gaming machine (if it's connected to the Internet). Just pay attention to the clues he's giving you, and you'll find your bug.

I'm not trying to make you paranoid, but no network is private. And, no network is safe. It's in corporate interest to keep you hypnotized by your networks and machines. Your best bet is to turn everything off, sell it, and get out of your house and enjoy THIS wonderful planet and its people.

I did this about 3 years ago (minus Internet, that I keep a close watch on), and I have never felt more sane, healthy, or tuned-in. I don't miss the lies, stories, or dramas. I'm free. I'm more objective, critical, and clear. I am the authority in my life.

I don't know what you're doing that has the NSA interested in you, but I'll bet money that you have Rh-Negative blood. I'd assume you have a prior/current military clearance, too. Either that, or the prior owner of your house or equipment was.

"Drop-out and tune-in, man." -Timothy Leary

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

it sounds pretty harmless right now but moniter wat happends and wen it starts 2 become aggresive or really bad u shuld call a paranormal investigator...rite now i wuld suggest u do research on the house and the surrounding area but dont communicate with it or show fear if it becomes REALLY freaky th@t will make it stronger as 4 the communicating u might give it a reason 2 belive th@t it can harm u for watever reason i used to live in a haunted house up till i was 6 and since my parents ignored it it didnt really do anything u see wen i was little i denied th@t it was haunted but i secretly knew it was.So i figure it might just go away if u ignore it, sorry my reply was long i hope u take my advise and that the spirit will go away

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My suggestion,
Throw this thing out of your house in the name of Jesus. You don't need a preacher or exorcist to come do it. I've thrown something out of my house after I first moved in it. In the name of Jesus, command it to leave. Plain and simple. I'm not going to get into details of my experience at this time, but trust me, it works. Remember one small thing. All you need is faith the size of a mustard seed.
Be blessed

new topics

top topics

join