It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to evolutionists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
An assumption made by the OP is that the Venus Fly Trap is unique. As others mentioned, there are perhaps a thousand of such carnivorous plants. Explaining its evolution from other plants is doable. Apparently the heavy weights of biology pondered the same thing.

richarddawkins.net...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The biggest problem I see when these threads come up is that the Creationists always bust out the "You believe in Evolution, I believe in God".

Guys...Evolution is not something you "believe" in. It's not a religion. It's not something that requires faith. In countless science vs religion arguments, the religion side often treats the science side as if they are worshipping science as some sort of religion.

Well, it's not! Science is human observation and results. It doesn't require faith because the observation and facts are right there in front of you! There's a difference between a "theory" and a "scientific theory" that I think many people don't understand.

Science and religion are not mutually exclusive. Evolution and religion are not mutually exclusive. It really blows my mind how so many Creationists cling to the concept of ID right to their last breaths...They cling to this concept and refuse to let it go. Meanwhile, the Bible is FULL of inconsistencies and other issues that they seem to blow off and dismiss as translation issues or simply man no being able to express himself correctly in those days. If you can let go of the world being flat, I think you can let go of Creationism too!

I found an excellent website that has scientific reasoning behind many of the questions/arguments that the Creation side comes up with. You might want to check it out...Maybe it'll open your mind a little bit.

www.vuletic.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Just so it is CLEAR, I DO believe in Creation and GOD CREATED. I am this way because no other explanation to date has ever been proven....

Since when was god proven to exist?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

reply to post by alienesque

The Bible states clearly that God has no beginning nor end. He is infinite, he is everlasting. He made time and space and all there is. Since we are his creatures bound by time and space we cannot comprehend this mystery (sort of like an ant trying to understand the internet).

For Example read the Gospel of John, where he identifies the Lord Jesus as God's word that became flesh:

1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God enjoys smart people asking Him questions, you know!

Isaiah 1:18 says:
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join