It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman, 89, Arrested For Keeping Football

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Woman, 89, Arrested For Keeping Football

news.cincinnati.com

BLUE ASH – An 89-year-old woman arrested for not giving neighborhood children their football back after it landed repeatedly in her yard said today she'll return the ball.

But not right away.

"That's my only way of getting through to these children," Edna Jester said. "I'll give it back to them later, but not right now."

Jester was arrested and charged with petty theft after she took the ball and refused to give it back, Blue Ash police said. Word of her arrest has touched off national news interest in the case.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Okay, I've seen this all over the news and it has me scratching my head.

I think every group of kids at one time or another probably faced this scenario---You're out playing football or soccer in the neighboorhood and the ball goes into someone's backyard---Usually more than once. Now generally we would just go up and ring the doorbell. Some of the more crazy kids would just jump the fence, grab the ball quickly and jump back over.

Occasionally we'd run into someone like this, who would get ticked off about it, chew us out and keep the ball.

Generally, we'd just write it off and someone else would bring a ball in.

But here, this 89 year old gal decides to go the ball confiscation route, and gets the COPS called on her, and gets hauled off downtown and booked.

Now my question is---Knowing this was nearly a 90 year old woman, couldn't cops have just gone into the home and recovered the ball (since it didn't belong to her), instead of arresting her? I mean, as we can see, this has caused quite a stir and put quite a bit of attention on this.

Thoughts?

news.cincinnati.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS: She refused to return the ball when asked to by the cops, and refused to sign a ticket promising to appear in court

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ah thanks Ian. Mods you can shut this one down. Apologies.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Please add to existing discussion

Thread

Closed.

top topics

join