It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Dinosaur Depictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
www.genesispark.com...
ok ok i confess im a christian...lol But it may or may not comfort some of you that i dont think people can be won to christ through convincing but simply by sharing the simplicity of the gospel and men will either believe or they wont but no matter your stand and what lens you look through this is still interesting so even if you dont believe in god or creation its still a fun mystery so enjoy

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2008/10/21 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
hey mod sorry about the all caps i copied and pasted the title. im new so do i have to fix it or do you or is it a warning for next time? oh its been fixed ...thanks

[edit on 21-10-2008 by 8bitbreakfast]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I guess there is much left out of the ancient scriptures. How arrogant of man not to consider the "Garden" had a stock of all animals, not just human beings

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So 8bitbreakfast.. what is the conspiracy you wish to discuss?

Not a two lined post.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 8bitbreakfast

This is nonsense. People carve/paint, and have carved/painted, fanciful stuff all the time. Not to mention the fact that unearthed fossils gave people the impression that these creatures existed, so it's no wonder a few were depicted, if that is what they are.

So this is nothing for anyone to wonder about.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

that very ignorant, how can you say that these people just painted stuff that just happen to look exactly like the dinosaurs we found. they aren't just random pictures. thee people knew pretty well what they were painting. its not that they just drew lizards that were big. they drew dinosaurs that had characteristics found only in dinosaurs.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
reply to post by dave420

that very ignorant, how can you say that these people just painted stuff that just happen to look exactly like the dinosaurs we found.

"Just happen" to look like?
It does not take much imagination to imagine skin on giant lizard skeletons. I know what dinosaurs probably looked like yet I have never personally seen one alive. Have you?

..and exactly what characteristics (depicted in cave drawings etc) are only found in dinosaurs?

[edit on 27-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Mixed in with pictures of possible dinosaurs are stylized local animals, fire breathing dragons, and a urn that seems to prove the ancients found and excavated fossils.
Some of the drawings that do resemble dinosaurs seem incomplete, since dinosaur skeletons do get exposed, it's possible they did reconstructions of creatures.

One especially reminds me of the "unicorn" reconstruction they had at a European musuem for a while.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Fairies also must have existed. We can't find them in the ground so thats even more proof as.. how else would those artists have known about them?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

No, it's ignorant to make wild-ass guesses about ancient people's knowledge of dinosaurs based on flimsy evidence. Statistically-speaking, it is far more likely that they just figured out that fossils were once alive and had skin, than some other explanation involving time-travelling cavemen or hiding dinosaurs.

'Ignorant' doesn't mean 'mundane'.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

that is pretty much what evolutionists do all the time. They apply a lot of guess work and imagination to bits of bones they find and claim to know what creatures evolved into others, complete with pretty pictures to back them up.

join