It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swat enters your home, kicks you out. And NO explanation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So. I get off of work today and head home to hook up my new motherboard and cpu. I live in a mid sized apartment complex. I'm at my computer desk just about to finish and power up when I hear my girlfriend make a few strange sounds in the living room. I listened for a second and then decided she was probably playing with the dog.

Next thing I know she screams my name. By the time I flip around I've got a sig pointed at me, and a guy with with full swat gear, shield, face mask, the works in telling me get out now.

Mind you right now I'm freaking out. Wondering if somehow any of my conspiring has got me into trouble(lol). Then I remember my 9mm is on my comp desk, so I really freak wondering if they're going to think of this as hostile.

By the time I make it outside. I notice there are 15-20 swat personnel all around my apartment building.

Me(barefoot), the g'f and our dog were forced to sit outside of our apartment for over an hour. Along with the other residents of the building of course. No one knew what was going on.

After over an hour we were told we could return to our apartments. We all asked what was going on. If we should be worried. etc etc. We got no answers. NONE not a single word. Is that even legal? I mean if I'm in any danger, shouldn't I know about it?

And then you have to wonder. What untold threat requires 15-20 swat personnel, THe blocking off of the street. Evacuation of residents. And stand by Ambulance and fire truck?

This has left me boggles. Anywho /endrant

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
do you suppose maybe there was a bomb threat or something?

or possibly someone was wanted and they thought they were there?

it seems a bit extreme and quite scary. i'm glad no one got hurt but i always assumed they had to at least give you some sort of information. perhaps you could seek out the advise of someone in the legal profession to find out for sure

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge who or what they were looking for wasn't there. I could see the activity from the "safe spot" in which we had to stand. Knowing the area, the thought of a bomb threat would be unlikely.

They left empty handed. We all smelled something strange when we returned. All figured they used gas. So, I'm guessing it was a person they were after.

It rattled my girlfriend a ton. Shook me up a bit. I just didn't like the fact that I got no answers and had to leave without anything. Debit card, license, cash.
Hell not even shoes. For an hour. They didn't even let us lock our doors.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
hmm, you said you smelled something funny

i wonder if they thought there was a meth lab there or something

sorry i'm not much help, just trying to figure out why they would do something like that

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You smelled something funny combined with the presence of a firetruck leads me to believe an inflammable leak of some kind. If that was the case however, there's no reason for the agressiveness or the silence. But I suppose that is how they are trained to operate. Either that or they assumed you were stashing explosives

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Update: The guy in the apartment directly above and behind mine kidnapped, murdered and killed two women. They were hoping to find him there. But they weren't successful. The substance I smelled was tear gas.

Of course I didn't find out from the police. Local new station showed the guys picture, and what he had did. I've seen him before. Creepy, eh?

You'd think those types of criminals should be on a right to know basis from the start.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join