It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair's Big Plan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i'm not gunna even pretend that i know how the british parlement runs..since i live in what was formerly know as the united states of America..........but...doesn't it seem that both england and America, arguably the most wealthy, and powerfull 'democratic' powers in the world... are moving closer to being run and governed by officals that do not need to answer to the people, run by the corporate and business structures of each country?? officals that have power to change and restructure said power at THEIR will??
when the corporate powers finally gain all control over these 2 countries...what will they do next??? are we not getting a taste of what 'they' would do now???? we are wooried about terrorists attacking when we should be worried about our own 'officials' gaining absolute control over the sheeples and useing that power for thier own ends................ england as allready los on eo f the most important sheeple powers...the right to own a firearm.....i suppose when the time comes, there will be plenty of dead to take firearms off of.............

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I agree that Prince Charles needs to revamp his image on the diplomatic front.

What is wrong with the tories? They have spent more time in power in the last century than all the other governments combined! Surely that has to say something for their way of running the country! Major was a useless leader. As for Duncan Smith - well he deserved to be shafted. Howard is the best non Blairite candidate at the moment. Who else is there on the labour front bench that could do the job?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We need Michael Howard like we need a shot gun in the face. If you even have to ask why I'm wasting my time.

No offense meant Humpy.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
By unelected head of state i assume you mean the Queen. In truth she has no real power, its the House of Lords (or what i call the oldest old folks home in the world) that has the ability to block new laws and policies etc.

Parliament act overrules it.

Blair pulls the parliament act out alot.

It is in effect a toothless chamber, which is ironic as to be a member you need to be old enough not to have your own dentures anyway

top topics

<< 1   >>

join