It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport Passengers Bare All For Nude Scanners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Airport Passengers Bare All For Nude Scanners

www.examiner.com

've written before about the whole-body imaging scanners finding their way into the nation's airports. A relatively new innovation, they're theoretically being implemented in a way that give airline passengers a choice between ... well ... Honestly, a choice between offering TSA agents a peep show or a grope session at airport security checkpoints.

Hey, everybody wins -- as long as you're in uniform.

But even that unpleasant dilemma may be overstating the options available to travelers. Robyn Blumner, a columnist for the St. Petersburg Times, describes her experience returning to the U.S. from Europe through the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Many airports are now using full body scanners to search airline passengers. It doesn't say how many millions of dollars these body scanners cost. They, presumably, are paid for through taxes. I'd like to know what is done with the nude photos after they're finished with them. I also wonder if this infringement of civil liberties applies to dogs and cats, too? After all, you don't know what could be hidden under that fur.

If I had my choice I'd take the pat-down, but I don't think I'll travel by air again soon.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Personally, I think everyone should just show up nude at the airports.

I would just as soon paying passengers got to see my wrinkled old body as a bunch of poorly trained and poorly paid uniformed agents.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Simple enough, if you are going to be scanned by one of their systems, get some aluminum tape and attach it to your body in long strips. Mess with them, don't answer their questions, if they detain you, just stare at them and drool ... and be sure to take the bus away from the airport so you can ride with them on their way home.

Always fly on Private Aircraft, from private airport to private airport, they cannot search you, they do not have the domain.

TSA = Terrorists Scrutinizing America

Hey baldie! You can surround yourself with all the other baldies in the world and we can still spot you out, you paranoid sack o'crap.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by 2stepsfromtop]

link   
Sheesh..I don't even know what to say anymore. Seems like we've taken the idea of security a little too far...

link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I know this is going to anger some people, but I personally don't have a problem with being naked in front of anyone. I know others don't like it for whatever reason, insecurities and the like, so for them it's good to know that they have some form of alternative.

I could care less, personally, if my nude photos were published all over the internet. It doesn't really change who I am inside.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
O man how gross. Looking at nude people all day, how many nasty looking humans? to 1 hot looking person? i am not hot at all. middle aged with a pot belly. i mean are they checking out my reproduckive organs .no fair it might be cold in the airport.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It is a matter of FACT that any terrorist organization that wants to do damage within the United States can do it, no matter what the FBI, the CIA or the DHLS and the TSA say. These people are incompetant morons who have not even the first clue on how to stop terrorism from happening. Look how they just pass it along their so-call chain-of-command. Any terrorist moron with the proper weapon available from their local CIA sponsored MS-13 salesman can commit an act of terrorism.

I have said it before, I will say it again, anyone in any major city can purchase fully automatic weapons, grenades, high explosives, rockets and other military equipment from local gang members.

When is the last time TSA went after Pacho and the locals? Why don't they invade Mexico and stop the crap where it originates?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

What do they actually see?

Bones or boobs?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

It's hard to tell from the little pictures that illustrate the article, though you can plainly see rear ends; the chest area is harder to see. The article compares them to "naughty" pictures of the 19th century.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is just the beginning. Next PROBES. B.Y.O. Lube.

Don't worry, perhaps they will give us a free drink voucher for the plane ride and extra bag of nuts.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is one of the systems in use. You won't see ANYTHING on these as far as nudity.

top topics

join