It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret BASE IN UT?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have been on the internet quite a bit and have seen alot of speculation as to this base is for this and that base is for that. It is always the same bases everytime. Check out these two locations they are both in UT and they aer both attached to another larger base. I am posting this as to see what people think about this. Yes I am being vague but can answer some questions but won't go to deep.

Obviously these are on google maps

41.047609, -112.932973

41.250935, -112.249975

mod edit: unneeded title question marks

[edit on 10/20/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What base do you think they're a part of....

I know there's Dugway, a bit south of this..............and Hill AFB up that way.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Not quite sure why you think these are military bases. I dont see anything from the sat images that stand out as military.

The first location you pointed out has Hill AFB tags in the area so at least google maps may think this facility is part of Hill.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutz1
I have been on the internet quite a bit and have seen alot of speculation as to this base is for this and that base is for that. It is always the same bases everytime. Check out these two locations they are both in UT and they aer both attached to another larger base. I am posting this as to see what people think about this. Yes I am being vague but can answer some questions but won't go to deep.

Obviously these are on google maps

41.047609, -112.932973

41.250935, -112.249975

Coordinates #1:

Part of a proving ground. Likely used by Hill AFB to the east, or Dugway to the south. I was down there in September - Dugway, Tooele Army Depot, Deseret Chemical Depot, etc.

Coordinates #2: no idea. Could be any kind of industrial plant, etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
My father worked for years at Dugway Proving Grounds.... he had no degree in it, but somehow passed himself off as a chemist. (He did have experience...he owned a small company that made hair care supplies when I was very small..heh)

Anyhow...I have NO idea what he did at Dugway. I lived with my mother in CA during those years.

...but he did die of cancer in 1996.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelique5
My father worked for years at Dugway Proving Grounds.... he had no degree in it, but somehow passed himself off as a chemist. (He did have experience...he owned a small company that made hair care supplies when I was very small..heh)

Anyhow...I have NO idea what he did at Dugway. I lived with my mother in CA during those years.

...but he did die of cancer in 1996.

"Dugway - the nation's chemical and biological defense proving ground. Where we "Test the Best"... YOU" I wonder if Stephen King knew of this place when he wrote "The Stand".

With all the attention Area 51 gets, I doubt many people have even heard of this place. There is an entire TOWN located within the base boundaries - no reason you need to leave, huh? If you look on Google Earth, you will see a building immediately outside the base gates. From what I could see (for some reason I never took a picture) it appears to be a Mormon church, although it isn't marked as such, and has a large chainlink fence surrounding it.

Sign preceding the base gate, signifying the actual base boundary:

Main gate to base:

Warning sign:

Road south along perimeter. I didn't realize this wasn't a paved road, and I was driving a passenger car, which I really didn't want beat to hell. There is absolutely nothing to see other than the main gate and some communications facilities coming in on the highway, which dead-ends at the base gate.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by FosterVS]

top topics

join