It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pres. Bush wants Broadband for all Americans by 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Bush wants cheap high-speed Internet access for all by 2007

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (Reuters) -- President Bush on Friday urged that affordable high-speed Internet access known as broadband be available to all Americans by 2007.

"We ought to have universal, affordable access to broadband technology by the year 2007," Bush said in a speech focusing mostly on homeownership. "And then we ought to make sure that as soon as possible thereafter consumers have plenty of choices..."

www.cnn.com... index.html

There were about 20.6 million homes and small businesses that subscribe to high-speed Internet as of June 2003, the latest data available from the Federal Communications Commission.

More consumers have signed up for the broadband from cable companies, with about 13.7 million lines compared to 7.7 million using telephone companies' digital subscriber line services.

Is it just me or does this smell of NWO - more big brother and being able to trace americans, listen, look in on what we're doing ?

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Use the search function. I posted the same thing yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
Use the search function. I posted the same thing yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

believe it or not, I did a search for this, I even browsed the threads. the search function is not perfect.

sorry about that nyarlathotep....

MODs, please remove this, thanks

*thinking, geez, and I'm one who hates duplicate posts / threads * * running and hidiing*

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You know what is funny? That search function is a little goofy sometimes. More often than not, I use the search function to find a thread that I know exists, and sometimes it will take a few tries with the search! No worries

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
you know i have the same problem with that search function
i just havent put any thing up yet that was a dupe ....yet!

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
you know i have the same problem with that search function
i just havent put any thing up yet that was a dupe ....yet!

uh oh.... I'll be watching for you now...

I hate duplicate posts and I really try to use the search, it's just not that reliable for finding posts.

I'll keep trying though

top topics

join