It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my new telescope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have a 675x power “Reflector” telescope made by Science Tech, and last night I was aimed at our moon. I was getting a pretty good image of it, but I notice that the smallest movement of the telescope would throw off the image, however my question is how difficult would it be for me to find a planet or a star that I can line it up so i can get an image? I’ve tryed numerus times before and still have not found anything, its just a black image. So if you have any tips or suggestions that would be much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It oudns like the mount the telescope sits on,, is bad. Does it have an equatorial mount? How big is it? 8 inch? 6 inch?
Use the finderscope, small telelscope that sits on its sidema dn center objects through that. Other than that, it is possoble, ieng a reflector, the 2ndary mirror bneeds adjsuting.... the small mirror inside the big top opening of the teelscope. you will requre a lazer adjuster for this, a $30 or $40 alignment light yuo can find at orion telescopes.com, or celestron(my personal favorite)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
One other thing..
what power eyepiece are yuo using? if yuor using a 7mm or under that, chances are, the eyepice hole is so tiny, that even when cenered all yuo ahve to do is breath, and it will throw the object outta the eyepice. LOk for one with more eye relief....but comes at a price.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Congratulations on your new scope. Having a clock drive will let your scope follow the apparent motion of celestial objects due to the rotation of the Earth.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbie8

Is it this thing?
www.amazon.co.uk...
My advice is to never try using it anywhere near 675x magnification. Atmospheric seeing won't allow that to be a useful magnification even in large telescopes. I have a pretty large telescope myself, but to give you an idea, I rarely go past 220x visually, and never past the equivalent of about 400x photographically. Frankly, a 4mm eyepiece in a scope like this is useless. I'd stick to the 20mm and 12.5mm and don't even bother with the 3x barlow.

top topics

join