It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating an 'alternative' system?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Idea just popped into my head when I was reading a post made in another thread about people not going to work for a week to make governments etc stand up and notice we've all had enough.

Basically.. the current 'world system' as I'd call it has been evolving and changing over the centuries.
(By 'system' I mean where we get food, why we work, who we pay taxes to, the currency we use... etc etc).

My thinking is.. people have free will, and freedom of speech in some places. So why not declare ourselves 'free'? The founding fathers of the USA did it, and so have many other peoples throughout time. Declare ourselves free of the system and invent a new one.
Currency backed by a valuable commodity.
Food grown locally.. in fact,
everything done as locally as possible.
Freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom of expression.
Courts run for people by people, where each case is considered on its own merits and a suitable punishment is tailored.
Low taxes, some of which you could be exempted from if you didn't require certain services.
General fairness and respect for all.

OK, so the current authorities would have a problem with it. But if, with time, enough people started wanting to be a part of the 'alternative system', the current administrations would have no choice to accept it.

I'm sure theres enough people out there who would support the cause.
Unfortunately, we'd probably disappear off the face of the planet before being able to see through.

What are other peoples thoughts on this? Would it be feasible given enough support? Would you change anything else?
Or are you perfectly happy living a lie?

join