It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Hoax Body Sold For $250,000 On e-Bay!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Bigfoot Hoax Body Sold For $250,000 On e-Bay!

www.thaindian.com

Paranormal entrepreneur Joshua P. Warren, from North Carolina, put the original rubber Halloween costume on eBay for sale; complete with the basement freezer it was kept in.The winning bidder put up 250,203 dollars by the end of the auction, which closed on October 17.

Neither of them are going to make a penny off of this auction, said Warren, referring to Whitton and Dyer. Warren also said that Tom Biscardi wouldnt get any of the auction money.

My arrangement is with the people who control the body. Money from this auction is going to hopefully resolve the legal conflicts, he added. Warrens eBay auction page explains that the animal parts have since been replaced with non-organic materials. The winner will get the rubber costume with non-organic parts replacing the roadkill guts, the freezer, legal paperwork to prove its authenticity and a personal visit from Dyer and Whitton.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Unreal.

This story just won't seem to die.

I don't know what's more idiotic, the fact that these hoaxers tried to pull this off for so long, or that in the end, someone was INANE enough to shell out a quarter million dollars for a GORILLA SUIT that was used as a gigantic fraud scam...

I'm still trying to figure out why Joshua Warren would even get involved with this cess pool of dishonesty to begin with, and am not totally buying that neither of these scam artists are going to see nothing, financially-wise, out of this ludicrous transaction...

www.thaindian.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Personally, I expect the $250,000 to be another hoax, it happens quite a lot, when you put something silly on ebay, expect some silly buyers.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
eBay: Making Landfills Obsolete Since 1995™

Here's a link to the auction page:

Bigfoot Hoax Body & Display: Original 2008; Historic

Sorry folks, but it seems bidding has indeed ended for this item.

Congratulations to the lucky winner for acquiring this priceless artifact for a mere quarter of a million dollars.

Such a deal!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I hope the winner of the auction is just wasting the sellers time, for being a hoaxer.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Odds are someone just made a sock account to put the bid in. We'll see it back on eBay in another week.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
lol, why would someone buy that? But hey, if you like something don't hestitate to buy it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ummm.... the buyer seems unlikely to have a quarter million bucks sitting around.

It certainly keeps being 'free marketing' so, yes, I agree it is ridiculous that this is even still being discussed. (clamps hand over cyber mouth/slaps own fingers at the keyboard).

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is not only ridiculous, but disgusting.

Yesterday we were driving home from our weekly grocery pilgrimage when I saw an egret in the wetlands under the bridge we were crossing and leaned around to keep it in sight.

"See Bigfoot?" asked my husband.
"No, just an egret," I replied. "If it had been bigfoot I'd have told you to STOP."
"Why? We don't have a gun with us."
"GUN! If we saw a bigfoot, you'd shoot it?"
"Well, yeah. Seeing a bigfoot, or even getting a picture of one, is worth nothing. A dead body is worth a LOT. The fake gorilla suit sold for $250,000 .. so how much do you think a REAL dead body would be worth?"

This is what they have accomplished. Made it even more likely that if and when we do find bigfoot, it'll be "shoot first, ask questions later." Better hope it's not some idiot in a suit playing a hoax, eh?

Wait, maybe there's an upside after all .. maybe there will be fewer people hoaxing for fear of getting shot.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Rich man waste's 250k is what story need's to be named.
starving poor people and they felt 250k for a hoax outfit was more important.

i feel like this...

join