It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is reality coming apart?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I know that a lot of the things people say is a hoax or fake or they are just plain crazy but with that said I still must ask the question "Is reality coming apart?". There is too much strangeness going on for something not to be wrong. Just look at all the posts and threads on this site and you have to ask the same question. I thing something is wrong with the fabric of reality. Is it that man has done thing to cause this or is it that reality is just wearing out? Every thing wears out over time and just maybe the universe is far far older than we think. As for me I do think that something wrong with the very fabric of reality. Just how bad will it get? Only time will tell. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I think these things have always been going on, but we are just more apt to talk about them since we are coming away from a religious and scientific paradigm that denied their existance, and have a better means of connecting to each other (the internet) to research and discuss these thigns.

Then again, it could be CERN.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I believe you can answer that question yourself when you consider what reality is.

Reality consists of what is real or what actually exists.

Is reality coming apart? How can that even be possible? The truth is, reality is changing rapidly.

We are discovering new real things and concepts every day. So, we can be sure reality is changing not coming apart.

The fabric of reality is being woven as we speak. I believe it to be infinite.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Too much strangeness going on? strangeness refers to what exactly? You say take a look at all the threads here on ATS. I havent seen an increase in especially strange threads or anything. Just the ususal stuff that gets discussed around here.

Same for the real world. War, economic etc... Nothing seems to different to me.

What specifically is different that has you worried that reality has something wrong with it.

Im not seeing anything extraordinarily different but that doesnt neccasarily mean anything. Please let us know what specifically is different or has changed that has you concerned.

Id love to continue but im not sure where to go unless I know. So yeah could you please help me out here?

Thanks

Dust

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think that if you didn't know about the existence of this website, your reality would not be obstructed. You read all these crazy theories and second guess yourself. Life will go on as it always does.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malzypants
I think that if you didn't know about the existence of this website, your reality would not be obstructed. You read all these crazy theories and second guess yourself. Life will go on as it always does.

I wish that was true, I really do. There are more than a few post and threads on here that have happened to me. Until I found this web site I thought it was just me and I was losing my mind. Now that I see that other people are having the same things happen to them then I feel better about the things that happen to me. I am glad I found this web site for it has gave me back a peace of mind that I thought was lost forever. Since finding this web site I feel better about my self than I have in years for I now know I am not losing my mind. You are right in saying there are a lot of crazy theories on here but I would not be willing to bet on which ones turn out to be fakes or not. I have learned the hard way that reality is far stranger than any fantasy ever dreamed of.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'd say, if anything, reality is being more tightly spun together!

I don't think you can gauge the planet by ATS - almost everyone here will tell you it's all gone to hell, when in fact everything has been going to hell ever since humans learnt how to throw rocks at each other.

I actually think ATS has died down a bit on the crazy subjects. I remember some people thinking digital TV set top boxes were spying on them, for instance...

They are interesting people.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Glad to hear that this site has given you peace of mind. Enjoy it while you have it.

The more you learn here the more you will question. There very well could come a moment in your journey that you no longer have peace of mind. This too shall pass and you will settle into a more awakened state.

Might I suggest you google the word reality.

When you do you will find that theories are not reality until proven. What was thought to be a reality 20 years ago may now be just a theory.

I know it is confusing. That is why some of us create our own reality.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
OK, I first asked this question almost 2 years ago. I am asking it again. Take a look at the news now days. Take a look at the way people are acting. Just stop and take a real long hard look about everything going on around you.

It is getting harder and harder to tell fact from fiction. Each day the world around us blurs the line between the two just a little bit more. The news now days seems more like a trailer for a new moive than news.

So what do you think is going on? I am starting to question reality. I am starting to think it is broken in some way. But if it is how can we fix or can it be fixed?

I am not crazy but at this rate how long until we are all insane.

Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't think for a moment that reality is coming apart. Instead, I think that everything denied is just getting tired of being ignored. So, where you see reality undoing itself, I just see real things that have been dismissed as hallucination, lies, or fabrications coming out and trying to make themselves known again.

Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Possibly the hardware behind reality is failing? Or maybe some of the data has become corrupt? Or perhaps 2012 is just when the "hard drive" of reality becomes full and crashes completely?

From everything I have read about quantum mechanics it could just be the spooky nature existing on the smallest quantum level and how it is fluctuates and due to this rippling out towards physical tangible reality. Kind of like how when there are no observers that some theorize that matter/reality takes on a blurry/gooey state but when an observer is there to affect it directly it becomes solid and cohesive.

Who knows.

top topics

join