It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My family has experienced every type of phenomena imaginable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think my family is chosen for something. Since before I was even born, hundred of strange things happened to my family, ever since my dad and mom were both little, they experienced very unusual occurances. All the way to my brothers who saw and heard things all the time. From seeing balls of light, to hearing strange noises, to seeing shadow people, to alien/ufo phenomena, to native american animal spirits, to god knows what else. My family has experienced it all.

One night, a little after I was born, my mom told my dad to stay up the whole night just to make sure nothing happened to her because she was really starting to freak out. So she went to sleep and he stayed up and was wide awake and at about 2 am, he "heard 3 knocks in his head" and passed out like a lightbulb. That very night, my mom awoke to a small gray figure, possibly an alien, standing next to the bed. She was paralyzed and could not move, and all of a sudden I (I was sleeping in the bed with my mom) started floating out of the bed and she passed out. Thats all she remembers. She chalked it up to being just a dream until she realized I was wearing different clothes that morning, that she never bought for me.

That is only one of the many many more stories I could tell

Does anyone know why some people and families experience so many strange things involving every aspect of the paranormal, yet most other people alive never experience one strange thing their whole life?

I havent experienced anything in a very long time, but I have this strange feeling like im here for a purpose. I have always been interested in cultures, peace, and trying to find a way to help people and do as much as I can while im here. I cant help but think all of it isnt just a coincedance.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

You are here for a reason. Everyone is here for a reason.

I find that a large percent of people who travel and absorb many cultures around the world get a sense for the history and future of the world, and so much more.

people who believe in coincidences are usually extremely logical. While in this dimension, logic is valued and very useful, the fact is that the universe does not operate in a logical way.

We are all connected in a seemingly disconnected universe. Logic is a product of our physical minds experiencing this holographic universe.

I have met quite a few individuals who you could call psychics who have experienced similar things to what you are claiming to have experienced throughout your life.

Perhaps your family is taking a ''vacation'' and you are all from another planet?

Or maybe your connection is hereditary. Were your grandparents/ancestors of similar disposition?

share some more of your strange stories here on ats!

I personally believe that some families would experience every aspect because they, in some way shape or form, allowed that door to be opened in their minds.

For example, when I moved to and subsequently lived on different native reservations in the southwest I experienced a lot of crazy stuff that most people would assume is a hoax or an apparition of the mind. Some people even subscribe to it being an affect of electromagnetic waves in the temporal lobe that can stimulate visual apparations/phenomena.

what I learned, from my many experiences, is that you can open and close doors with your mind to anything. If you decide at some point in your life to start believing in some model of reality than you will live life in the universe through that model.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yeah my family has actually experienced quite a lot with native american things. My dad and mom were both really interested in the native american culture, and they actually met while teaching at a navajo school. My dad would do things like try to find his animal spirit guide, which native americans believe everyone has one.

One of the exercises he did was go into a trance like state with a drum and go through different exercises as described in the book he was looking at, and he said when he was in his trance there was a white horse and he was riding it around in some different world, and when he came out of the trance, my brother shouted that there was a random white horse in the yard and as soon as my dad ran out to see it, it ran. We asked everyone in the area if they knew of any white horses anyone owned that might have gotten loose, but came up with nothing. So that was strange...

I think the key is, my family is very interested in different cultures and beliefs and thats why we "open the door" to the unknown. If you dont go looking for it, chances are you wont find it. But in one sense or another we all were kinda looking for something.

My mom had horrifying things happen to her when we was younger. She lived in georgia on a farm, in the middle of a corn field, and she said everynight she would see a ball of light going through the corn field towards her house. She said she would wake up many times and be looking back at herself sleeping. She also on more than one occasion would go to bed and end up outside in the field somehow, and the front door would be locked, and she knew she wasnt sleepwalking because she was too little to reach for the door.

My mom and dad were both hippie nature lovers when they were my age, and were trying to build a cabin in the mountains in georgia, and a lot of really weird things happened there as well. Mostly dealing with native american spirits and stories of the land there. One time they were in the woods camping by the house they were building, and they heard strange folky music playing, and upon looking around heard voices coming from small bushes, and heard zipping noises very loudly on either side of them echoing through the woods.

So as much as I would like to think all of their experiences were from doing 70's drugs, it wouldnt explain why all of it happened to me and my brothers as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Hi there, I know this tread is older but I just wanted to make a suggestion. Why dont you and your family get together and write a book. I'm not saying it has to be a best seller, but it might be nice to have a compilation of your family's experiences, even if it's just for you guys to read. Your family's experiences sound rather interesting. Anyway take care

[edit on 8-9-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
All I can say is I envy you. My family chose science over spirituality, they don't want to know at all, not even regular church. I'm about the only one who really tries something or at least studies other cultures and beliefs, with my elder brother being the opposite of me; a psychiatrist who basically tells patients who have visual or auditive hallucinations it's all a malfunction of the brain and treats them with medicine. It's not only keeping the door closed but closing other's as well as a preemptive strike just to make sure.

I wouldn't entertain the thought of being destined for anything though. It leaves you with the feeling you have to do something about it, which you can't. It might alienate you from others who don't have such a "destiny". If there is something to your destiny, you don't have to do anything about it, it will happen anyway - that's destiny.

new topics

top topics

join