It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be homeless

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

I agree with a previous poster, get off ATS and go look for work!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Your situation is undesirable but not the end of the world. Like others on this thread, I have been in your situation, as well. It was me and my daughter... As awful as it was during that time, the following few years have been awesome. If it weren't for the unfortunate problem I ran into, I never would have ended up where I am now. So, stay warm, stay fed, and get to the library as much as possible.... that is where you'll find the internet with all the jobs and rooms available! You will succeed!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is very sad, and unfortunately I believe we are going to see alot more of this. If I can offer any advice it would be try to utilize ALL of the social services that are available, I am not sure how the local economy is where you are at but consider relocating to an area that has more jobs! (I know how can you afford to move if you don't have a job) New York is no place to be in the middle of winter (I know I am from Maine), Use your computer time to find out what kind of state assistance you qualify for and look to see what part of the country still have jobs available. Remember that what does not kill you makes you stronger.

Sailor

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is very unfortunate, and you will be in my thoughts as I meditate. I have family members who were in the same and sometimes worse situations, but they got through it...and I think you will too.

Get as much information as you can about social services, save what little you have, and with anything you buy, remember, quality outweighs quantity.

At these times your greatest concerns will be for shelter, food and safety. I hope all three are provided to you somehow, especially food and safety.

Peace, courage & ingenuity to you my friend.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Listen - anyone who can spend time posting to a internet forum while facing a future of living on the street must not really be all that concerned about their living conditions.

Did you ever stop to think he may be on the internet looking for a job,somewhere to live and while doing so he thought he would post here in the hope that a long shot might come in and someone helps him out.

I didnt think you did.

If there was anyway i could help i would, but i dont think there is much i can do we are in different countrys.

I hope you (OP) get back on you feet soon and wish you well, keep in mind some people do and will help strangers.

Good luck.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear about everything going on with you. I always enjoyed your posts, and think we think a lot on many things...

I hope you get back on your feet soon. Or learn to be self-sufficient in the middle of the forest like many of us want to do!

If only ya could make it to the other side of the country... I need someone to promote a couple of my new websites and help with the little one..lol And with my work, I have NO time!!

EDIT added to

[edit on 18-10-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

silo-dude,

I have been doing domestic and organization (I am an organizational expert - guru, even), and helping out here in exchange for a room. I have time to get online. I also have been applying to jobs (100-150 a WEEK) in person and on the net. Less in person because I have exhausted all the places around here (some know me when they see me coming!).

So the idea that spending time on ATS is somehow not conducive to the rest of my life is absurd.

To all the well-wisher, again, I say thanks.

My major motivation in posting this was to let you know why I am not posting, answering U2U's, and so on. Help would be awesome, but I am not asking for it.

Ideas are also welcome. They're help, even if they don't immediately pan out, since they may lead to an evaluation of an option here that I had not thought of.

Things will shortly be on the ups.

Thanks again to all. Yes, ATS is family. [smile]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
By the way... I remember a couchsurfing website a while back... People who offer a couch to stay on.. Try some searches.
But if I find it, I will post it.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Don't get into a depressed state over it,it may turn out that changing the way you have been living turns out to be what it takes to put you into the path of a better life.
My last experience with near homelessness landed me in a place where I did not have to pay rent,in exchange for fixing up the place where I live now ,but I have a job which made things easier.
Whatever you do though,dont' let the hopelessness and helplessness overwhelm you,it will consume you,and a lot of people out there will play with you like toys if they know you are homeless.It is a cruel world,
People fear the homeless because they know they are only a week or two away from it themselves.
Homelessness is about as close to true freedom as you can get,what do you think those retired people in RV's are?,they just have a mobile home....
Be careful,but dont' panic.Remember,when things are at their worst,they can only get better.
Keep clean and use friends showers,or park showers to get clean,keep looking down on the ground for money,it is lying everywhere if you look,for food and laundry,or use friend's washers/dryers.
Get a bicycle and a trailer if you need to transport more massive things,use a backpack that is not all ratty if you can find one,and store the majority of your stuff with friends,just carry the essentials with you,and relax while you can.
You miss a lot in a paniced state,so wait and let it pass before you worry about improving your situation.
There should be no lack of company for you out there,a lot of people are losing their asses right now.
If you have a car,protect it,and your driving priveledges with a veangance,by not using either unless absolutely necessary!.
Lastly,don't be a weaktit,keep it together and you will be fine.
I have been homeless (technically I guess) for four years and have a job and bank account.And I am a dumbass,so you should have no problems.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Thanks for the ideas. Sadly, I do not have any money - no vehicle, either. So can't even buy a bike.

But like I said, it will be getting better. [smile]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about this. I don't really know you but it doesn't matter, my heart goes out to you. I went through something similar with my mother a few years ago and it was hard at first but then came that bright light so to speak
. So good luck, I know you can pull through, just be resourceful! If you ever head down south let us know on ATS, we're the hospitality experts ;P!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
HEy all the good luck in the world for you and your fiance, you will get by, and return as strong as never before.

Hopefully along the way you will find that elusive something that can transform us from simple persons to fully developed Human beings, its in the hardships of life were we find our true selfs

It wont take much time any longer, world changes are on the next corner..

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear of your situation. I found this homeless blog website a few months ago and was overwhelmed with the amount of information and resources the writer provides for the homeless. After reading it, I felt fairly confident that I could live out of my car successfully (at least for awhile).

guide2homelessness.blogspot.com...

Good luck to both of you and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Annestacey

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

silo-dude, ...So the idea that spending time on ATS is somehow not conducive to the rest of my life is absurd.

When you get a job or a house or a living or a life from anyone on ATS I’ll be more than happy for you.
Until then - in my opinion - it is absurd.
And considering you’ve given no reason why you’re in the predicament you are - I’ll keep that opinion.
You’ve no home, no apartment, no job, etc?
You’re admittedly living off someone else's graciousness doing something “domestic and organization” (whatever that is).
And since (I assume) ATS doesn’t pay you for being here - ATS isn’t conductive to your future either.
What have you been doing all your life (other than spending time on ATS)?
Obviously nothing that gave you any security.

Something smells.

Now maybe someone here will find you help.
Or someone here will get you a job.
Maybe even lend you money.
That’s all fine and good - I hope it works out.

Good Luck

By the by I'm not a *Dude*...

****To the poster who said something about me giving out vinegar?****

I’m one of the kindest most giving caring people you’ll ever meet.
I’d give you gold before I gave you vinegar.
I’ve been without food, without a home (at a very young age) and I know first hand the hell it can be.

But what’s going on here is pure BS - in my opinion - and if that makes me a minority of one - it still doesn’t make me wrong.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

That's horrible, i wish you and your fiance all the best. I hope the issue resolves itself sometime soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
From your posts, you seem to have a firm handle on things, despite the disruptive nature of what you're going through. From personal experience, I know this is the best first step.

And connecting with others that make you feel supported is invaluable.

I wish you the best.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ask for help from the local church
Godbless

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

OMG I'm sorry to hear this. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

Just a tip: You can send multiple U2U's to people at once by separating their user names with a comma. You won't have to worry about flood control that way. So if you still want to u2u them or point them to this thread en masse, that might be a good thing to do.

Again, I'm so sorry to hear about your hard times and you will be in my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You know, it is a difference in giving a damn and giving a care.

Give the help wanted VS give a damning help unwanted.

If I ask someone for some for some bread to me help out... Will they give me instead a viper snake? And if they do give me a poisonous viper snake, what type of person is that giver? Hellish, hey?

Yeah, some ppl are a living hell either which way that would put their foot in their own mouth with their own contraditive and/or hypocritical words since their very point is intentionally making their hell known to who they think is their victim for the taking some other way.

And it be certain of them that do act kind in the presence of real ppl, but when they dont have to be in other ppl's real presence it is then that they come out the closet, revealing their true colors so obvious.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well I don't suppose I know all the in's and out's of your current situation however I would like to offer you good luck, at the end of the day what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, sometimes its hard to think like that at the time but eventually you will be able to look back and realise you did in fact learn something from that part of your life.

I don't know about you but there's plenty of us in the Survival forum who would cherish this "oppurtunity"! But seriously, make the most of it, do what you can. I don't think most people on here have actually hit rock bottom and needed to fight their way out of it.

As a previous poster has said, when you hit the bottom the only way is up. Mental determination and strength of mind will keep you going, if you do manage to keep posting on ATS then I'm sure plenty of people in the survival forums would like to hear your story.

Ultimately, you keep yourself alive, its your job. You don't sound to me like someone who is going to fold although I could be wrong, remeber when the going gets tough it can only get better.

Good Luck, I wish you the best and please if you can let us know your progress.

P.S. Use your mind!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join