posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:52 PM
listen bro. i've been homeless as can be and i'll tell you what you need to do:
1. Get a job. if you can't find one where you are, move along, sitting around is going to help you. when your homeless, NO work is beneath you. you
need to spend every waking hour trying to secure some degree of employment.
2. Save your money. when you do get a job, don't go blow your first check on a bottle of liquor. Buy things on the cheap that will feed you all week,
like a big bag of rice, and some green veggies. Put anything you dont spend on the bare necessities towards a car.
3. Buy a car. this is the best investment you can make while homeless. its shelter on wheels. you can sleep in it, run electronics and appliances off
of it, and its a vital tool when securing employment. I can't stress how badly you need this. You can get something half decent for 500-1000. if you
play your cards right thats like 2 weeks work. then all you have to worry about is insurance.
4. Get a room. If you get a car, try and get to a ridiculously populated place. you will find it is easier to find work here, and there are more
rooming houses with vacancies. Here in the North East , these don't come cheap, but even here you can find a small room with a communal bathroom for
100-150 a week. This is also crucial because it gives you protection from being assaulted in the street, plus, you'll have a bathroom to clean up in,
which is huge as far as getting a decent job is concerned.
5. Learn a profitable skill. Listen, if I wasn't at work 60 hours a week and hearing a bunch of poop from the old lady the second I get home, the
first thing i'd do is try to better myself skill-wise. If you actually have any free time aside from trying to find work or get your stuff together,
use it wisely. If you sit around, you'll be in the same spot 2 years from now with a bottle, and the same clothes on. Honestly, the last thing you
need to be doing is f-ing around on a computer. Unless of course you are using it to get your IT skills up for a job, or looking for a job. Or
researching a skill. But, sadly, you do NOT have time to play in internet forums right now. I dunno where your from but its October in the NE and the
clock is ticking. Buck up brotha, and get yourself out of this.
You don't need to take my advice, but a lot of the people on here are encouraging you to get elaborate tent set ups and all this other crazy stuff,
when in reality, what you need to do is work as many jobs, as many hours, as many days as you can until you can live like a normal person. Everyone on
here has you in there prayers but don't forget bud, prayers don't fix this, you fix this. If you can't do any of the above, come to New Jersey and
I'll personally find you a job. They are everywhere here as long as you aren't on drugs, and will actually show up.