It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddest news story of the month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Aaaaaah, this is breaking my heart:

Frantic Texas zoo officials report theft of camel and pony that are 'best friends'

CEDAR CREEK, Texas (AP) _ A 6-foot-tall camel named Moses and his pint-size pony sidekick are missing from a Texas zoo.

Officials at Capital of Texas Zoo near Austin reported the theft of the kid-friendly creatures this week.

Zoo founder Michael Hicks says that the 3-year-old camel and the nearly quarter-century old pony, named Coco, are "best friends" and follow each other.

He says he and the staff are "heartbroken."

Hicks says he last saw both animals in a zoo pasture Tuesday night. They were gone in the morning.

He has offered a $400 reward for information leading to their safe return.

ap/newsday

Who would do something like this?
I hope they give the max when they catch these punks.

Moses and Coco.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They still haven't found Coco and Moses.

Here's video report: WFAA

Any members in Texas please be on the lookout for a young camel and his old pony bestest friend.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Oh dear. I hope they're safe, being treated well, and will be returned soon. I live in a total podunk Texas town after my marriage (after being a lifelong city girl- don't get me started). One of the convenient stores on the outskirts of the town had a giant hog that they kept as a pet at the front of the store. Ok, pigs are known to be gross but this thing was so adorable and friendly. One night a few years ago someone (I'm guessing drunk, ruthless, heartless rednecks... knowing this town) came by and shot the hog during the night.
They were never caught but it pisses me off. On top of that, I still hear stupid rednecks talking about it while laughing at parties and such.

Poor little Moses and Coco. It worries me because I know how small town Texas men can be. Not all of them, of course (disclaimers are always useful) but I'm sure everyone will know the type I'm talking about.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I've been looking all of the webs and they still haven't found Moses and Coco.

Keep an eye out Texans for these bestest friends.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

CEDAR CREEK — A camel named Moses and his Shetland pony sidekick Coco have been found unharmed about a mile from the Capital of Texas Zoo a week after they went missing.

Zoo Director Michael Hicks said they were found grazing in a pasture on a cattle ranch Tuesday. Hicks thinks someone dropped the two off in the pasture because it was gated. The gate wasn't locked.

Willie Jones, who spotted the pair, called the Bastrop County Sheriff's Office and a detective notified Hicks. Jones will receive a $3,000 reward.
Hicks said Moses galloped over when he arrived with a bucket of food.
"Moses was awfully glad to see me and was gamboling around like a puppy," Hicks said in Tuesday's online edition of the Austin American-Statesman. "The pony is ornery and 20 years old so I don't know if she was happy to see me."

chron.com

new topics

top topics

join