It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My case against cryptozoology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
First, with the new Giant ape species, I could not find any other evidence for it on other sites. I'm sure by now some official work would have been submitted for peer review if such a discovery had been made. That said, I didn't see anything specifically calling it BS either. As for new species discoveries, yes new species are always being discovered. However, most come from remote or war torn countries. Compare this to the American West, discounting things like camera traps that dot the area, the amount of scientific investigations that occur yearly there outnumber the investigations that go in some places for decades. From grad student trips to the summer, to US endangered species surveys, to national park data collection, etc. Not to mention the numerous investigation for the various conspiracy theory and crypto shows every year.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

If I may I would also like to point out that the mountain gorilla, the coelcath?, the meglomouth or whatever there called where not discovered the where found (mostly by accedent.
How I look at (bigfoot is...
I do believe there was a giant (harry man) that the Indians of north America did encouter(It is in there cave drawing and such.
I dop believe they might have vanished off the face of the earth, BUT!!!What if they are like the other creatures who where thought to be extinct and then found to still exsist,
I think the best proof is in the ancient stories and cave drawings of the native americans and

You wanna talk about uncharterd terrertory how bout SIBERIA!! and I also believe the the creatures must live near an abundent water sourse..

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

While yes, there is alot of room in the Western United States, that doesn't excuse the fact we haven't found one yet.

Not just the western US. I live in NY. I have driven from here to Kentucky, Ohio, and deep into PA. I can say undeniably that I pass through far more uninhabited wilderness than I do towns and cities on any one of those trips. I think the OP has a good point but I also feel that the territory that has been explored THOUROUGHLY is still much much smaller than is being let on here. I am just saying that there are some strong misconceptions about how populated many areas are. Check out NY state on google earth sometime. All the people live in NYC, the rest of the state is pretty much agricultural. Even the capital of our state is a pretty small city.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Now before i get started, i must say i am ashamed to share my home state with those idiots who faked the bigfoot story(they must have been drinking too much moon shine). Speaking of GA the Okeephenokee swamp in southern ga and northern fla is virtualy unexplored. its damn near impossible to get into it and scientists has even said they dont know what species are even in there.

The idea that there are species living on this planet that we dont yet acknowledge or have no idea if they still live is very likely. Like the Megalodon, earth is roughly 75% water, we have explored maybe 5% of that so it has alot of room to hide. Or bigfoot, in the nothwest and on into canada in the deep forests and mountians id imagine that its very unpopulated say for a few recluses here an there.

The main difference between so called real scientists and cryptozoologyists is that 'real' scientists have a preset world outlook and have decided how things are and what creaturtes exist and dont and short of 100% proof positve evidence will not adjust there opinion for fear of ruidicule, or sheer stuborness. Cryptozoologists have an opened mind about the possibility of unknown animals existing and though they need to take things with a grain of salt they keep and open mind and dont outright say no that cant exist becuase of X, Y and Z.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join