It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper says Canada and the EU will work toward economic partnership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well Harper just got back into office and I guess he isn't wasting any time to move towards a one world currency or economic system.

ca.news.finance.yahoo.com...

Looks like they are going to skip the Amero all together because the U.S. is looking to do the same thing when Bush meets with European leaders over the weekend. I don't know what to make of this really because so many of us, up here in Canada at least, were focusing on the rapid pace that the U.S. and Canada were fusing together economically but now they both have pulled a move to integrate overseas first.

Your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
WHOA!!

This is actually looking like a reality!!

What way would this work?

If it was like the way the EU works, it would be free movement and relocation of people, goods and services while trying to get each country to the same economic and technological level. Each country would have a central bank that answers to a main central bank.
This bank grants loans to nations for creation of infrastructure etc BUT this is a privately funded bank.

This would be a massive leap towards a centralized world.

Im on both sides of the fence as to whether this is a good thing in the long term.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I didn't hear anything about a 'One World Currency' in that report . All I heard was something vague about overhauling the current world wide currency system

"Europe wants to present a blueprint for a new world wide currency system" is different then a 'One world currency'. Its like saying the world wide financial system is the same as a a One World Stock Exchange, its not

The proposal Europe is talking about is probably about making the USD$ less prominent as the world reserve currency

new topics

join