It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightpoles go off when i go by them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I have this experience for many years now, but never told anyone or think about it.
But yesterday it happened to me again, so I started thinking about it and wanted to share it with you guys. Is it common?

Now it's not that every lightpole in the street goes off, but only one, two maybe three.
The others remain on.

So now you could say, maybe some malfunction but this happens to me quite alot.
Only happens when I pass them by foot, or bike. Not with a car.

Also it doesnt happen on every street i go, but it happens often. Like 3-5 times a month on different streets.
Also it only happens when i'm there alone in the streets, there are no other people.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Other people have started threads about the same things. You can find them by using the Search function.

Here is one of the threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
use S.L.I.D.E.R.S as your keyword in the search function......I am pretty sure they (the MANY threads on this topic) are all tagged.............

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I've had this happen to me a couple of times, never really thought of why it happens.

The first instance was the same street light, I would drive under it and it went out, this happened about 4-5 times over a year or so but it was random so I didn't think too much of it.

The second instance was a bit weirder. I was driving with a friend down a road that I've never been down at night before when we passed under a streetlight, it went out and we both noticed it. So we pulled over at the next intersection to have a look at it and it was back on. We decided to have another pass at it to see if it was random or not. We drive around the block, this time watching the light closely as we pass under and BAM! it went out again.

We are thoroughly freaked by now so we make another pass, this time nothing, which was very confusing. I too wish I knew what would cause this phenomena.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I remember a long time ago the Moderator Bandit went into lengths about the same thing. So I would check out the keywords and threads the others gave you and also ping that mod

P.S. it's a real phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jasperaldo

Quick question though:

Do you feel any different before, during, or after this happens?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Same thing happens to me. Its kinetic energy, or magnetic energy. Every living thing has it and sometimes has more than others so in our case. We have more. It can also change in what kind of mood or emotions you are feeling.

With me i interfere with lights, electrical appliances and even clocks, but it happens even if people are around which scares my family and friends
Don't be scared its quite normal!

There are also instances when you drive under a street lamp the light from your car healamps will interact with the little sensor on top of the light which tells it to turn on or off depending on how much light is outside!

Hope this helps a bit!

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Unubuh]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Although I think kinetic/magnetic energy could be possible theories, we have to bare in mind that street lights also can turn off by themselves...

When the fluorescent bulb in a streetlight gets old, it overheats and trips a safety switch. When it cools off, it turns itself back on again. Some streetlights turn on and off by themselves every few minutes.

Also, some towns install timers which cause all streetlights to turn off randomly every few minutes. This saves energy, but since the timers are not synchronized, some lights stay on while others are off.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Happens to me too, especially if I have held up anger and walk under a lightpost. Also happens in tunnels when I'm driving slightly more agressively. In the last year or os I've had it happen maybe 5-10 times. It's normal, I've heard a lot of other people talking about the same thing, and it seems to happen more with a specific type of bulb, my guess is some of these new low consumption bulbs are sensetive to whatever field phenomenon the human body produces under a certain emotional strain. And this might be a sudden discharge, as if the body is ejecting excess energy in a pulse.

The good news is now people further realise the human energy field is real, as it has tangible physical effects.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jasperaldo

It's coincidence. You mentally tally a point every time it happens, but don't lose a point when it doesn't happen. That slanted view of what's happening is leading you to believe something weird is happening, when it's not. Street lights go off all the time, for a number of reasons. They're external lights, constantly being battered by the elements, by the heat of the day and the cold of the night.

It's coincidence. And nothing about a human energy field. That has nothing to do with it, unless you can provide actual scientific evidence to demonstrate the interaction between the 'human energy field' and street lights.

[edit on 17/10/08 by dave420]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Sorry i didnt look any more to my thread because there are very good threads about this (as pointed out by post number 2)

But no, i dont feel different
I notice nothing, just that lighpoles go off.
It has to do with some electrical magnetical field or something.. S.L.I.D.E.R.S is a good search tag for this forum.

It's a real phenomenon i guess.

EDIT: The explanation above me can also make sense. You happen to notice weird things, but forget about things that are normal because it's not weird

My friends never experienced it, and they also use the bike alot at night (We live in Holland)

[edit on 21-10-2008 by jasperaldo]

top topics

join