It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S first to send "rover", Russia: first to send man.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
if all goes to plan that is, the russians will make it by 2005, the first trip, to mars...the americans made it to the moon, the russians shall do twice as much? i have no clue if this "dream" might be true

only time will tell

however, this saying keeps popping up in my head "he who dares wins" no?

english.pravda.ru...

ps: this is not a "target Cyrus for posting things in america's face" topic, if you feel an urge to express yourself rudely then dont post at all.
Cordially
Cyrus

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Although their intentions are phenomenal, I don't think they're going to be able to do it. Personally, I would like to see any nation put a man on Mars. It would be an achievement of mankind to do something like that, not just one nation.

However, Russia has continued to play as a super power since the fall of the USSR, but they just don't have the resources anymore. Their economy has been falling appart, and I don't see them investing as much as would be nescessary to put a man on Mars.

I could be wrong, though. As I recall, their plan would be vastly less expensive then any plans the US has currently. As we all know, though, scientific endevors, especially on this scale, tend to run way over budget. So I say doubtful.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't think Russian technology is up to it just yet. I don't think anyone is at this point. Sending a corpse there doesn't count.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I don't think Russian technology is up to it just yet. I don't think anyone is at this point. Sending a corpse there doesn't count.

and that's just a base-less oppinion is it?

humour me.

your info. on russian technology please?

and then, when you're done with that...explain to me why a majority of your scientists have been shipped off from the U.S.S.R, oh wait, American technology...

i'll tell you all about american technology, quid pro quo

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
My knowledge of Russian technology consists of the fact that I'm pretty certain that its not any better than ours. If your tech was superior to ours in any way, you would be selling it all over the planet. Since you are not doing that (I havent seen any Russian high tech goodies for sale anywhere) and since I don't think we are able to go to Mars yet, I doubt seriously if you can either.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

i would have to agree... also, the reason we're going up in russian craft is not so much because of our craft anymore but because of all the new restrictions and crap that have been implemented on NASA and the shuttles. anyway, isn't NASA funding some of the russian space program since russia can't do it on its own?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

My knowledge of Russian technology consists of the fact that I'm pretty certain that its not any better than ours. If your tech was superior to ours in any way, you would be selling it all over the planet. Since you are not doing that (I havent seen any Russian high tech goodies for sale anywhere) and since I don't think we are able to go to Mars yet, I doubt seriously if you can either.

ok, i did act agressively in my last post, i'm too defensive

may i correct you though? russian tech is being sold all over the world.

link. www.space.com...

China, is russia's biggest customer...russian is spoken in 1/3rd part of china (the borderline and beyond)

Iran www.worldnetdaily.com...

Cyrus

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
anyway, isn't NASA funding some of the russian space program since russia can't do it on its own?

From what I understand, they are, in a sense. It's more like we're paying cab fare for flights, and for their help with the ISS. We have the money, and for whatever reason Bush is really behind the ISS (sigh), and we're willing to spend the money on it. Russian spacecraft have a lot more lift then our own, and are capable of taking larger and heavier pieces then the US shuttles are. Plus, as keen noted, we aren't flying the shuttle currently, due to the Colombia incident.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
oops... wrong thread...

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
bush supporting the ISS?

well... *sigh*

cant really comment on that jake, at any rate, yes you're right about the shuttles, they CAN carry more..i'll try and dig up a site that' i've come across ages ago.
Cyrus

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

i would have to agree... also, the reason we're going up in russian craft is not so much because of our craft anymore but because of all the new restrictions and crap that have been implemented on NASA and the shuttles. anyway, isn't NASA funding some of the russian space program since russia can't do it on its own?

I hear the same thing, Tito was a 20 million dallar tourist ride that Russia needed, are we being setup to pay for this while Russia sends people to Mars just as Tito showed up at the ISS? Why should they spend their rubles when American greenbacks can be used. This could be payback for getting to the Moon first or it could all be BS, we'll have to wait and see.

Michael

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
micheal....

you are in support of a jewish zionist-invaded colony? i somehow think you've missed on that.
the zionists are in control of the money, not you, or any other american or russian for that matter.

i wont rant about that, i see no point, but let's just say russia has the ability to see to it that the U.S.A's Zionists will always find it in their interests to keep russia as friendly neutral or even allied in power as they monetarily can.
Cyrus

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
bush supporting the ISS?

well... *sigh*

cant really comment on that jake, at any rate, yes you're right about the shuttles, they CAN carry more..i'll try and dig up a site that' i've come across ages ago.
Cyrus

I think that for this discussion to progress it will have to move to the mud pit, but let me try to state what I've learned in reading without any political bias. Normally I support Bush.

Bush made the announcement about the Moon to mars Missions, and increased NASA funding 1 billion for the next 5 years to this end. However, the original Appolo missions cost over $140 billion. We have scrapped that Saturn boosters, and would have to redevelop the technology. There's even talk of implementing a new propulsion system for the missions. Getting this project underway in the given deadline will cost a lot more then $1 billion a year, so cutbacks will have to be made in order to tap into more of the other $14 billion NASA gets a year. They originally were going to scrap the ISS and shuttle flights (which cost $250 million a pop) to accomodate for this, but Bush specifically said we needed to complete the ISS and continue running our routine shuttle flights. So NASA, 2 days after, announces it's canceling Hubble (for safety reasons, but the timing just seemed too convienient.) They also announce canceling many scientific experiments which were taking place or going to take place on the ISS.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
i am an automatic skeptic on anything from pravda. it's the russian equivalent of the National Enquirer.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

ok, i did act agressively in my last post, i'm too defensive

may i correct you though? russian tech is being sold all over the world.

link. www.space.com...

Cyrus, Wal-Mart is selling products world-wide also!

Anyhow, Russia doesn't lack for ingenuity or imagination. Russian achievements are heralded as much as Chinese achievements.
I do wonder at priority.
Priority in that, the Russians are always "planning" to do something, but of late, the results are seemingly unfounded? Will that spacecraft that will take the first man Mars be equipped with those 'bolt-on' Plasma Stealth Generators? Maybe the pilot(s) of such an spacecraft will get more than 18-40 hours a year flight training, as is currently the situation within the Russian Air Force? Surely these pilots will.

I wish the Russians the best of luck. One can never underestimate the strength of imagination.

seekerof

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
i am an automatic skeptic on anything from pravda. it's the russian equivalent of the National Enquirer.

lol, i'm not in support of pravda, however... i think praBda have a tendency to go for "display all news you can" and therefore, they have an unbiased view, they dont keep stuff back to support public image now do they? I.E. CNN/MSNBC/FOX.....

i think they're a reliable source, you dont? your problem now isn't it
j/k i know what u mean.

Cyrus

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates

Exactly.

Besides, Russia has had ALL kinds of finacial problems just keeping their committments for the ISS.

How can they possibly afford to send a manned mission to Mars when they can't even get the service module Zvezda to the ISS on time?

[Edited on 3-26-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
"hopes and wishes make dreams come true"

russians can do anything if they set their minds to it.

btw: they wont make it a disaster, as in...two corpses get washed up in the atlantic after yet another failed attempt to go into space.
russian engineers are basically all the U.S relies on these days (and that's american technology i'm talking about)
homeland russia? even without the needed funding, i say they do it.
Cyrus

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

micheal....

you are in support of a jewish zionist-invaded colony? i somehow think you've missed on that.
the zionists are in control of the money, not you, or any other american or russian for that matter.

Cyrus

Michael (spelling)

Cyrus I do believe in Jesu Christ, who teaches LOVE not hate. We all are followers of Czars, King's or Democratic Presidents, who will do anything to keep their power intact. My statement on Russia using American money to help them with their programs is where my thoughts were going.
History Channel and the assault on Moscow by the Germans truely shows just how much the Russian People wish to live freely. Power corrupts and the lies that form from those lies can grow if feed enough garbage. Deception in my mind came with the Germans trying to destroy both our Nations only to stand aside and let us do it for them.
Space to me will reveal there is only one world and only one way of life, in which each of us can choose without being forced at gun point or threat of Nuclear weapons. Until we outgrow that mentallity we will never get to see the rest of what GOD made for us in the Heavons.
How did Spock say it " Doctor your emotions will be your undoing"

Be truthfull and it will come back as it went out,

Michael :-)

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Ark-Angel]

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Ark-Angel]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

however, this saying keeps popping up in my head "he who dares wins" no?

That's the motto of the British SAS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join