It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phones log plan 'is awful Big Brother nightmare'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

MINISTERS were today warned by their own anti-terrorism watchdog that plans to log every phone call, email and internet visit in the UK could turn into an "awful" Big Brother nightmare.

Evening Standard, London - "Lord Carlile of Berriew, the independent reviewer of anti-terrorist laws, said he was concerned by suggestions that such a large volume of private information could be stored on one vast new database.

He said there would be the risk of the data being used for unjustified "fishing expeditions" into the private lives of targeted individuals. He also expressed concern over Whitehall's recent "unhappy record" of losing supposedly secure data."

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

Every phone call, email and internet visit? And it's accepted by the British public? WTF? (I've never used that before) Boondoggle if ever there was one. I have also been interested in the missing Bristish data (ATS thread conspiracy of missing British Data) and it is interesting it is mentioned outright. Thought?

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Please Delete - I realize there are several double posts on this subject - my bad.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Honestly, I thought that was already being done over there.

Doesn't surprise me at all; it's sad though.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thats not surprising to me either. I know that if you have a myspace page and you put info in there they use that to solicit you on other sites. For example, my boyfriend used an Edgar Alan Poe quote for his headline one time on myspace, and for about 2 months straight he was getting advertisements on the side bar of his GMAIL inbox relating to Poe. Thats crazy to me considering he don't use that email for his myspace login.. Weird
That just goes to show that they know all of your contacts, websites, and emails.. Regardless of what you tell them, they have ways and they find out. Nice post!

top topics

join