It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expedition set for Ghost Peaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Expedition set for Ghost Peaks

news.bbc.co.uk

It is perhaps the last great Antarctic expedition - to find an explanation for why there is a great mountain range buried under the White Continent.
The Gamburtsevs match the Alps in scale but no-one has ever seen them because they are covered by up to 4km of ice.

"You can almost think about it as exploring another planet - but on Earth," said Dr Fausto Ferraccioli from the British Antarctic Survey.

"This region is a complete enigma. It's in the middle of the continent. Most mountain ranges
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm surprised that i haven't come across this on any newspaper or tv show before, but it seems there is an entire mountain range lying 4km under the ice in Antarctica, where the land would be expected to be flat. According to conventional geology it shouldn't be there - anyway an expedition is going to go and explore it.

Having read about the mysterious mountain in Austria on ATS last week, and having previously read about the supposed nazi New Berlin underground station in antarctica, my imagination is up and running about what this story - see link - could lead to...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join