It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope John Paul II Secretly Wounded in 1982 Stabbing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Pope John Paul II Secretly Wounded in 1982 Stabbing

abcnews.go.com

The late Pope John Paul was wounded by a knife-wielding priest in 1982, a year after he was shot in St Peter's Square, but the injury was kept secret, his former top aide says in a documentary film.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Another example of the secrecy of the Vatican. And I can't help but wonder, why this was kept in the dark? It was already known that a Spanish priest had come at the pope with a knife, why the cover up of the injury inflicted? Ironic how it occured while the pope was celebrating the one year anniversary of a failed assassination attempt.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Another thought, well, more a question. But why was this information released now? If it has been kept secret for 26 years, there must be a reason to release the info instead of just letting it stay buried for eternity like all the other secrets the vatican has.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

What if it didn't happen?

And, if so, what's the real interest in having us believe poor old Paul got stabbed?

Just a question... or two.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

That is a good point. I did not think about this scenario at all. If it didn't happen and is a hoax, then I think the vatican is trying to influence something going on right now with its confession.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So the Priest who attacked John Paul II was a member of the Society of St. Pius X which had a Leader FrancoisDucaud-Bourget who was a chaplin in the Order of Malta and supposedly was also a Grand Master of the Priory of Sion.

Hmmmmmmmm...................................................

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It would seem to me that the Pope's former private secretary and aide is simply trying to reveal some "inside" information that would help to make his memoirs and the upcoming documentary a bit more insightful. The article mentions how the Pope wanted to continue on even after the wound was discovered so I would guess that supports the image of his strength of character and person. I really doubt there's anything more to it than that.

Also, the article discusses the story of the Pope mentioning he would no longer live once he could not speak and that he, in fact, died a few days after losing his ability to speak. Again, I think this was intended as a "window" into the Pope's more private moments.

The truth is I do indeed wish the memoirs or documentary shed more light on Vatican secrets but I doubt anything of that sort is forthcoming any time soon.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I was watching a two hour program about a "lost book on Nostradamus," on the History Channel today. It included a short segment about this issue. Obviously the Vatican must have good reason to keep this fact well hidden all these years.

I feel that the Vatican's security system is now very strong as a result of what occured to Pope John Paul II.

But to what effect all of this amounts to remains to be seen.

new topics

top topics

join