It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raj Thackeray threatens to ground Jet Airways

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Raj Thackeray threatens to ground Jet Airways

www.ibnlive.com

Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday warned he wouldn’t allow Jet Airways flights to take off from Maharashtra if the airline does take back the services of 850 employees.

"If they are adamant about the issue then I too will ensure that no Jet Airways flight takes off from Maharashtra,” said Thackeray.

Thackeray said this after meeting a group of Jet employees, who called on him at his office in central Mumbai after losing their jobs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't really agree with this, although his intentions may have heart it's too much govt. intervention.

That's a private company and Raj isn't even elected yet on top of it.

I was arguing wiht a friend of mine and he said "nobody stops people doing bad things but now you wanna stop someone doing the right thing"

Damn this is a confusing world!

www.ibnlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Lets start from the beginning.....The original inhabitants of Bombay were the kolis (fishermen) of dravidian decent.They were not maharashtrians.The Peshwas were based in Pune.Bombay was just a collection of rudimentary villages.The british gave incentives to Marwaris,gujratis etc to come and build factories and business there by giving them tax free incentives.And dont forget,Bombay was given as dowry by the portuguese to the british.So tell me..who should take credit for the way bombay is?Maharashtrians?No! Not even half a percent !! How many Maharashtrian business houses do we know of??Kirloskar??Anybody else??Yes...a few more late editions...Like Bal thackeray,Manohar joshi and ofcourse Raj thackeray.How they made their millions we all know.Nobody stopped Marathis from driving taxis,selling pani puris,pans etc.Yet these brainless twits go and thrash poor taxi and pani puri walas.The fact is that marathis do not have business in their blood.They are good at a few professions like being kaamwaali bais,peons,drivers and watchmen...ok ok lets give them singing too since its diwali.They have the rest of maharashtra but their sights are only set on Bombay....something they had the least contribution in building.Now theyre jealous cause everyone (including raj thackeray) is more prosperous than them.They remind me of the blacks in South africa.South africa as we all know is the most developed country in the whole of the african continent.The blacks were in power everywhere else in africa but look at the difference in their development compared to south africa.The simple reason is that blacks are just not made to do planned development.Simple as that.And coming to thackeray ...how many know that thackeray is not his real surname....its a british name that his grandfather or someone further up the family chain adopted on his own.Apparently he was impressed with someone who had that name.Coming to employment....I have just two questions about unemployed marathi youth....Raj thackeray invented shiv udyog sena in 1995(while he was in shiv sena).That organisation collected money from unemployed youth on the promise that they would give employment to 27 lakh local youth.What happened to that money?How many people did Shiv udyog sena employ?Did it return the money collected from unemployed youth or did Raj thackeray buy Kohinoor mills land with it as collateral?(I said collateral cause he claims that he got a loan from IL&FS for the deal.)They planned to set up 30 fully equipped offices of Shiv Udyog Sena in every district of Maharashtra. To achieve this objective, huge funds ( to the tune of 60 to 70 million rupees ) were required. It was planned that the sum of 60 to 70 million would be used as a corpus fund. So that the monthly expenses of all the Shiv Udyog Sena offices can be met through the interest earned on Corpus Funds.These are not my statements.They can be verified on the official website of Shiv Udyog sena.Believe it or not..the site still exists!!.Secondly...how did Raj thackeray manage to buy Kohinoor mills for Rs.400 Crore?How did he get the funds to buy that?He doesnt come from an industrialist background.His father was a singer and dabbled in a couple of films.His wife is the daughter of Mohan wagh a marathi producer director.And guess who was his business partner in the entire business?An non-maharashtrain! And what did they plan to make there?A mall.And who were the workers employed to build it?Non maharashtrians again.So much for providing employment to marathis.And now for something which is a pet peeve of Raj thackeray....outsider migration to Mumbai..I hear Sirish patkar and Raj thackeray rant about how the infrastructure of Mumbai cannot handle the infiltration of outsiders and how mumbai is getting choked.But can mister thackeray and sirish patkar tell me who came up with the Slum redevelopment scheme,wherein illegal slums that came up prior to 1995 were regularised and the people illegally occupying city land were made permanent residents enriching the builder mafia and themselves on the path to overcrowding the city.?And these are the same people lamenting that Bombay is overcrowded?I wonder why no one asks these questions to Sirish patkar and Raj thackeray?And lately Ive noticed Rajiv bajaj and Sahara mumbai turning into the offical mouthpiece of Raj thackeray and MNS.When this whole issue began...Rajiv bajaj was pretty honest with his comments and what he thought of all the violence perpetrated by Raj thackeray...but I think he has succumbed to Raj thackerays threats and is blatantly projecting a pro mns view these days.So much for freedom of press.I hope and pray that Jharkhand police arrest him on the non bailable warrant and ship his ass to Bihar high court.Even if he takes the whole of Maharashtra with him to protect him...it wont be enough.And his rats know that.Cause thats what they are in the end...Mountain rats

new topics

join