It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 has to be one of the worst years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Am in the only one who has hated the year 2008

The Massive financial crisis which is going to affect the world for many years to come.

The year of tons of hurricanes earthquakes and storms.

The year we were promised the biggest event in human history aka oct 14th.... which was an obvious lie.

The year a bunch of doctor who like scientists try to play god and recreate the big bang, at a risk of destroying the universe.

The year gun and weapon crimes soared throughout the world, leaving most people to feel unsafe in their own streets.

The US on the brink of war with Iran.

Governments testing nuclear missiles far too close for comfort to land.

All i see is a bleak future, nobody trusts anybody now... the economy is in dire straits, and the weather patterns with global warming are going to be awful in the coming year too as the storms and floods and hurricanes that we are getting are just the tip of the iceberg

2008... not a great time to be around

feel free to add

[edit on 15-10-2008 by weneedtoknow]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
yeah it does seem rather bleak but people have survived tougher times in the past and i feel like we will continue to push forward and find some sort of happiness.

who knows, maybe this all needs to happen. maybe this turn of events this year is needed to spark some truth in the right minds

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weneedtoknow
The year we were promised the biggest event in human history aka oct 14th.... which was an obvious lie.

The year a bunch of doctor who like scientists try to play god and recreate the big bang, at a risk of destroying the universe.

I have to say, including two non-events as "downers" seems counter-intuitive. I might mention those if we were visited by aliens a few weeks after we'd blown up the planet with the supercollider, but since both were rather non-events, in the doom and gloom department, I'd say leave 'em off.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You forgot about the flood of 2008. I live in Cedar Rapids , Iowa and we were hit HARD. Not only our city of course there are others however I am just pointing out you missed this major event of 2008 that was something else to tack up on the crap list of 2008.

top topics

join