It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Koreas: The odd couple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
- The Economist: "Koreans want their international standing to match the south’s economic success. They may have to wait until the peninsula is unified, says Dominic Ziegler."

www.economist.com...

The header isn't as good as the story. I believe the N&S Korea issue is one that not many understand, yet has the potential to impact the entire region, if not the world. Some interesting thoughts about the "eventual" opening of the borders and then the formation of one Korea. Hope this is relevant enough for the forum.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Interesting subject matter and a very good associated article.
Probably one that deserves more attention.

I had no idea of the South Koreans had such a negative attitude towards North Korean defectors. I spent a little time in the orient and from what I have observed the discrimination and cultural dynamics are very complicated.

It's going to be an economic nightmare and burden for the region when North Korea collapses. But what a relief and liberation it will be for the poor people of North Korea.

I don't know if we have any Korea based members, their take on this would be invaluable.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Reply to Bill B

Yes, if the article is accurate, there are some interesting dynamics to be played out as the nations merge. Man, what a sad blight on humanity NK is. Thanks for the response.

ColoradoJens

join