It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Have Done ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm getting a bit disgusted with the Democratic behavior around here (not speakin of the Colonel of course because he's my hero and I would NEVER say anything bad about him)

I want to do a little role playing. No, not that kind ...(naughty school girl and big bad Principal)

Lets say you are The President of the United States on September 11th 2001:

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY FROM PRESIDENT BUSH?

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I would have reinstated the draft. Put the whole country in a war posture and attacked Afganistan, Syria, Iraq and Iran. But, thats just me. Full blown war would take a year or so to prep and two years to destroy their military. I wouldn't occupy squat. Destroy any combatants and move to the next. But I may be a little harsh

V

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't have flown all members of the Bin Laden family out of the US without questioning them.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I would have sent a covert team of special forces to identify all of the taliban and ALQ training camps, resources, command and weapons systems. Then when I was confident I had marked all the targets I would amase the largest bomber group I could come up with and send them to the "theater" about 10 mintues before dropping the first bomb I would get on the air and say the United States is at war with these criminals who wish to commit evil acts against the people of America and any Country who supports or harbors these criminals will feel the response of the American people. And then I would bomb the (C) out of everything of Military or Goverment ie Taliban value. It would be so fierce that the hills sides would be buring, the ground trembling from 20,000 lb bombs being dropped on Goverment Buildings, multiple 5,000lb bombs on training camps, I would wipe the ground clean of anything to do with those criminals.

And then after about 10 hours of sustain bombing I would make another annoucement to the world and urge evey country that harbors these criminals to come clean, nows your chance to show the world that you stand behind peace. That you stand behind the value of life, of innocent life, that you as a group of people tasked with the safety of your population cast out those that wish to kill for sake of killing. The American People WILL NOT BE HELD CAPTIVE by terrorists criminals. Those countries that wish to come forward with the hand of peace will be meet peacefully and our staff will work with you to rid your nation of these criminals. But those countries that wish to further the cause of the terrorists by funding them or giving them a place to stay, well, I can only say that your days will be numbered.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
It would be so fierce that the hills sides would be buring, the ground trembling from 20,000 lb bombs being dropped on Goverment Buildings, multiple 5,000lb bombs on training camps, I would wipe the ground clean of anything to do with those criminals.

And then after about 10 hours of sustain bombing I would make another annoucement to the world and urge evey country that harbors these criminals to come clean, nows your chance to show the world that you stand behind peace. That you stand behind the value of life, of innocent life, that you as a group of people tasked with the safety of your population cast out those that wish to kill for sake of killing.

UMMMM.....Aren't you then hypocritical?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I wouldn't have flown all members of the Bin Laden family out of the US without questioning them.

That's the only thing you would have done different?

COME ON ALL YOU OUTSPOKEN DEMOCRATS......TELL ME WHERE BUSH WENT WRONG!!!!! WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IN HIS PLACE..................

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am not a democrat, I am a Libertarian but I have bush bashed with the best of them so I will answer.

To be honest about the only thing I would have done different is I would have put the ground troops into Afganistan instead of Iraq and Bin Ladins head would be on a stick right now.

I dont think Hussian was a threat to anyone myself but even if I had a reason to invade I would have finished bin ladin first.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm no Democrat but I'll pipe in here.

I would have kept up the pressure in Afghanistan until the job was complete. I may have increased the diplomatic pressure on Iraq but not militarily until our troops were freed up from the other mission.
When Saddam had sufficiently thumbed his nose at the international community and the troops were freed up I would have begun the buildup in Kuwait.
Now the important part...
I would have been honest with the American people and the world as to WHY I wanted to remove Saddam from power.

1. Strategic positioning in the Mid-east.

2. Prevention of worldwide economic collapse. (Dollar to Euro in OPEC and all that)

3. Removal of a repressive, violent and Evil Dictator.

4. There are still unaccounted for WMDs

5. I don't like Saddam and either do you!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hey Fry2
What up?

Now if my memory hasn't failed me. I remember when Bush dropped the first bomb on Iraq.....he also invaded afganistan at the same time. But that was hushed up really quick and I don't remember hearing anything more after that..........what happened?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Had the proof of the problems been publically evident, or could be honestly explained, I would have done exactly as President Bush.

But if I knew but couldnt prove it publically for some reason, more covert tactics would have been constantly applied, for de-stabilization.

The problem lies in the fact that sanctions were already in place, and the oil-for-food program did present some interesting challenges to the regime. Plus the local economy was such that economic de-stabilization couldnt work, and religous/governmental infiltration and de-stabilization would prove extremely difficult.

This was a country that was progressing in international stature and power within the arabic community, regardless of the apparent overall 'condition' of the local economy, army, gov, and infrastructure.

You cant do much against that. Interesting chess game.

But again, I would require myself much more than shady intel to base a decision to tear apart a sovereign country.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't have allowed it to happen in the first place.

*dodge fruits throwed at him*

And about the war on terrorism, I would have targeted Saudi Arabia WAY before Irak.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I wouldn't have allowed it to happen in the first place.

So.....Mr. Dean..............Saddam would still be in power if it were up to you?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
How's that for presumption?

First of all, what I wouldn't have allowed to happen, is the destruction of the WTC, not the war in Irak.

Second of all, if you read correctly, I said I would have attacked S. A. before Irak, so dear, please tell me where I said that I would leave Saddam in power?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hypocritical NO, they killed 3,000 innocent American people. Go after our military go after our heads of state, go after our power structure in the "sacred land". But dont kill our people and expect to get away with it. When they blew up the Cole, or the embassy in Kena or the barracks what did the US do? We tried to handle it diplomaticly, we used restraint. BUT when you kill without regard, the American people, YOU PAY.

Saddam had to be taken out because he promoted instability in the middle east, he gave tribute money to Hamas which encouraged them to sacrafice more of their own. He (Saddam) claimed to be the Prince of the Middle East. He wanted that power, he would have had it, he was well on his way. Many middle eastern countries viewed Saddam as the defiant leader in the face of the westerners. We had to take him out of power to control the situation in the middle east, to help not only the sensless loss of life in both palestinain and israeli families. Iraq, the war in Iraq is really only to ensure the US diplomatic policies and "pressure" are enforced in the region. Sure the side benefit is stabilization of Oil supplies, military positioning, control of power and governing of forgien affairs in the region, of course it is.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
How's that for presumption?
First of all, what I wouldn't have allowed to happen, is the destruction of the WTC, not the war in Irak.

And how would you have done that?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hi Venus
Long time no type.

I think Morbid has a time machine to go back and prevent the emasculation of our intelligence capabilities. That's the only thing I can think of that would have worked.

top topics

join