It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's WMD Jokes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Was I the only one offended by Bush poking fun at his inability to find WMDs at the Washington Journalist Dinner?

I was offended that he was making light of the reason he sent 500+ American kids and 10,000 Iraqis to their deaths.

It showed a complete lack of respect for human life and basic morality/ethics.

I am sure the double-amputees sitting in Walter Reed or the kids getting shot at in Bagdad while looking for Bush's WMDs found the jokes hilarious.

A sad, sad state of affairs.........

Your thoughts?

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
OH LIGHTEN UP!!
"The president finished his lighter comments on Wednesday night with a very sincere, sober and heartfelt tribute to the men and women who are contributing in all sorts of ways to the effort to not only to free Iraq, but to win the war on terror," Bush spokesman Trent Duffy told AFP.
"The president has made it quite clear that we need to continue to let the Iraqi Survey Group do its work (searching for weapons) and that Saddam represented a threat, and that taking part in freeing 50 million people is absolutely no laughing matter," Duffy said.

Guess you didn't hear that part?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think it's fine for others to make jokes about it, because it is true about what is happening...but as the president of our country, war is the last thing he should be joking about; with people going off to Iraq and dying, we SHOULD have a reason, and trying to make a big joke out of it doesn't enhance his position in the least.

If I had a family member that was killed in this unjust war, I would be deeply offended by those jokes.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
OH LIGHTEN UP!!
"The president finished his lighter comments on Wednesday night with a very sincere, sober and heartfelt tribute to the men and women who are contributing in all sorts of ways to the effort to not only to free Iraq, but to win the war on terror," Bush spokesman Trent Duffy told AFP.
"The president has made it quite clear that we need to continue to let the Iraqi Survey Group do its work (searching for weapons) and that Saddam represented a threat, and that taking part in freeing 50 million people is absolutely no laughing matter," Duffy said.

Guess you didn't hear that part?

Perhaps if you had some family over there as I and many others do, you would not take such jokes lightly.
Better yet, try telling the families of the dead soldiers and dead Iraqis to, well, as you put it, to: "LIGHTEN UP."

~Face

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
F them if they cant take a joke

Geese, the guy can make jokes about himself, especially as everyone else is using him as the butt of jokes. If those pics would have been leaked out, and a bush opponent posted them with the exact same jokes attatched? still wrong? who says its ok for one to make a joke but not another...personally im glad that clinton got a bj and bush has a sence of humor, i dont want the guys holding the nukes all uptight.

Humor is often crass, tasteless, derragatory and in poor taste....THATS WHY ITS FUNNY!!! DUH! Besides the dead dont care about the joke, only the living.

WMD was only ONE of the reasons given for attacking Iraq, not the only one. (selective memory?)
you said the war was under false pretence, why? Because no wmd's have been found?
Ummm the entire UN agreed that there was a serious threat of WMD from iraq for like a decade, up to the time we invaded... some of the UN just didnt agree on the timing or the responce.

Not finding WMD's doesnt = a lie...it means that based on the data at the time the threat seemed to exist (and still could be burried) why didnt saddam just confess that he had nothing and give the UN inspectors the access the requested, he'd still be ruling in iraq today if he had. But the USA called his bluff, and enforced 10 yrs of UN imposed sanctions..too bad for him and his wmd using goons.

top topics

join