It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really want to be visited by aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A public Alien visitation is exactly what this world needs. It doesn't matter if they come to fight or to show us a better way.

If they come to fight then the world will unite against them. Yeah we may not win but for once, men of all race and origin will stand side by side with a common purpose.

If they come in peace, it is more than likely that they will have a society evolved far above where we are. A utopia of sorts. Once they show the world what life can be like when all work together for a common cause, then most of us will move forward as a common cause. Those that resist will most likely not have too good of a time at it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

It was a dolphin that led me to ats.

It would be good either way if alien existence was confirmed. It would certainly be a relief to many members here.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
As far as uniting humanity to fend off and alien advance, that's not the only result. Society may fracture, and we may destroy ourselves. Certain countries may try to over run their neighbors in the confusion of the moments that would follow an ET arrival. The thing with the governments of the world, regardless of race, religion, ect. is that they are opportunists (For the most part). Or humanity may, fearing the presence, may purge all of it's WMDs in an attempt to rid us of it, resulting in our own death.

That may not happen, if they ever show up humanity may welcome them. If so we may be rewarded, or we may be "punished". Who knows?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Gehennasoul]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
Im creating this thread as a sort of spinoff from the huge 0ctober 14th GFL visit and while I think I read almost every post and even posted a few of my own feelings and shared some great laughs. I came up with the notion of this thread to ask the ATS family if they were really excited about today or would be really excited if in fact an alien ship and lifeforms touched down.Would you be excited or scared?

What would we do if we had hard proof of a ship landing? What would we do? and is this planet so screwed up that is it a waste for them to stop and help? I have to admit there was a small piece of me that wanted to walk outside and look up just like Will Smith did and see a giant ship, Sure its pure fantasy but maybe it was the boy inside of me wanting an absolution. Maybe Im tired of wars and poverty and the greed and corruption that is destroying this country and planet. I just guess I wanted to see some good come out of it. So thank you all for helping me to use my imagination again. I look forward to your posts and lets keep god out of this tread..

Star and Flag if you like!!!

[edit on 14-10-2008 by cmd18B]

I think that for a vast majority of people, there is this need to have our
existence validated. To be told we all have a purpose and that we are
not alone. This is perhaps why many UFO cults spring up all over the place.
They want to be taken aboard a spaceship and sent out into the universe
to find their purpose. Or, for others, this world is just too much. Life is living and some people just think that is too much work. They want sunshine and rainbows. They want skittles coming out of their a_sses. No one wants death and destruction and wars and people dying of starvation and people relying on the government so much that it no longer serves the people. It rules the people.

I suppose in the end, people just want to be saved. With the advent of science fiction, people think being saved is the equivalent of being told by extraterrestrials that we are oh so special and meant for greatness and they are here to show us the way.

But me, I believe that we may not be alone. No. But we are better off left alone. Too much about ufo's and their occupants has a sinister tone. Then there's the biblical aspects of fallen angels and demons and the voice of god in a cloud (Metatron) and it all comes together to serve to prove only one thing, imo: Someone out there doesn't want us to know just how much power we do have. So they dumb us down, and make us docile and ignorant to the things going on beyond our world.

In the end, we're just some tribe in the jungle, shooting arrows at planes.

-ELOE

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Me personally I would love a visit, As I sit here and ponder many questions about many things I feel that maybe a visit from some extra terrestial being would be great, I have done some hard core consuming of mass quantities of beverages and have come to the realization that our country is screwed and it seems like NOBODY has answer to fixing the situation. How much longer are we going to wait until every american is broke?..This sucks..Maybe THEY have an answer

[edit on 23-10-2008 by cmd18B]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join