It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really want to be visited by aliens?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
With the billions of planets and galaxies that exist, I think it would be closed-minded and egotistical of us to honestly think we are the only intelligent species out there. I would like to believe that whoever else is out there will make contact with us some day, but then again maybe not being contacted is for the best.

We as a species are violent and petty. Why would any other intelligent species want anything to do with us? We kill each other over nothing, which to me makes animals smarter than we are. Yeah we can use tools and have opposable thumbs, but at least the animals typically only fight and kill each other for food or to protect what is theirs. (Note I said typically. Never heard of a lion killing just for the sake of killing.) We on the other hand kill each other because we don't believe in the same things, or because we lose at a video game, or because we want what someone else has.

Quite frankly I'm not sure I would want to be contacted by another form of life if they are attracted to the absolute mess that we have become as a species, or the mess we have created on this planet. So basically the way I see it is whatever other life forms are out there that are technologically capable of making it here or contacting us most likely will have enough intelligence to not contact us. It would only take one or two flyovers at most to realize that we are too volatile a species to contact and that to do so would be to risk their lives.

Edited to say: Darn it, killed another thread...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Although blossom goodchild's prediction was proven to be a FRAUD, people seem either unaware or have forgotten that UFO events.. ones of great magnitude or of compelling cases have occured, as recently as january 2008(TEXAS). Phoenix, Rendelsham and Roswell among many others.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by majorion1
Although blossom goodchild's prediction was proven to be a FRAUD, people seem either unaware or have forgotten that UFO events.. ones of great magnitude or of compelling cases have occured, as recently as january 2008(TEXAS). Phoenix, Rendelsham and Roswell among many others.

Umm rendllsham and phoenix has corroborating evidence...if that what you want o call it. Roswell not so much...just a bunch of people who decided to jump on thje bandwagon. Soemthing crashed at roswell. I do believe it was military and not extraterrestrial. As for those that claim aliens are here please provide some evidence, this should be required from now on since the ufology world has had to put with so many hoaxers and liars. I think when you make extraordinary claims you MUST have extraordinary evidence. It is time for the people interested in this ask for such proof, lets face it so much BS going on should we not ask for something to backup claims or must we blindly believe like those that followed goodchild. I do not believe aliens are here but I would like to meet one if they show up one day.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by riggs2099]

[edit on 15-10-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by majorion1

What happened in Texas?, I would like to know more if you have any information to provide, I am open minded, well I try to be so reading more about this would be awesome..Thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Here You Go Buddy

I spelled the Towns name wrong, but o'well...time for another shotzke!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What would I do if Aliens actually landed visible to all? I think that it would depend on the reason for them landing.
But I will quote the joker on this one: "I am like a dog chasing a firetruck, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one".

For me it would be like: 'Yes, there you go, I knew it. Now let's take it from here'.

So... Independently of what I would do given the case of actual contact, I truly believe they are already here, have been here. And I believe they are here similar to the purpose portrayed in the movie 'they live' and/or so in 'the matrix'.

Are they in contact with the high authorities of this world and they have mutually agreed that we are not ready for public contact? It could be. But I really think it goes deeper than that. A person would do more for you if that person thinks or believe that whatever he/she is doing is being done on his/her own free will, as oppose being made to do it.
If we are slave but we don't know it, how can we ever break free?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
reply to post by majorion1

What happened in Texas?, I would like to know more if you have any information to provide, I am open minded, well I try to be so reading more about this would be awesome..Thanks

I am referring to the event known as the TEXAS LIGHTS, it happened last January.. it was such a massive event that even Larry King addressed it on his show among other classic cases such as THE PHOENIX LIGHTS AND ROSWELL.

There is a lot of evidence, you just need to research these cases properly.. if you don't want to research all of these cases and just want to get to the bottom of this.. definitively.. then I suggest you watch a documentary called OUT OF THE BLUE.. you will never look at UFOLOGY the same way if you watch this film, you can watch it on YOUTUBE.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
I remember my father told me once that he believed that beings who traveled here from space would be just like us ,just as arrogant cruel and greedy because ,those are partly what motivates us toward expansion and exploration. That made sense to me and I have not been looking forward to alien contact as some bridge to a more enlightened future. I will presume that aliens have their own agenda like all conquering cultures here on earth. They my say they are spreading enlightenment ,but I bet it will cost us plenty
If they are even out there

so your saying that if as earthlings found civilization on another planet we would want to start a war with them?

we cant be friends like u and me are?

i agree that yes they may be similar to us but i dont see why they wouldnt want to have a good relationship with neighbouring planets.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Moegli

i think it will not all be implode to nothingness, yes that our old thoughts and believe will be destroy..but i think some of our old thoughts and believe that brought us as humanity into such chaos

but there is some advancement in humanity that might need some external help..such as advancement in science..at least this is my opinion

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gate13

Maybe we could be friends with some and not others? I'm not expecting this to occur but if it did I would take the aliens in a case by case manner. Like I do people . I would see if actions matched rhetoric< or whatever passes for that among aliens. I'm sure like people I would like some ,you for instance
and not others,I guess

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What would we do?

Like the Monkeys we are we would scream, yell, throw poop and head for the trees.

Do I believe sentient Alien life exisits. Yes without a doubt. Are they visiting Earth? I think so. Are we ready for whatever truths they might reveal? not-even-close.

Do I still want to know? yeppers.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Helmkat]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

I think you're onto something here Helmkat! If the aliens come I'm sure that united poop throwing by humanity would send them sceedaddling back to whatever world they come from! I would work for me anyway! I hate poop!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

Add a few slingshots to the poop throwing and we should have our bases covered. Everybody poops... Are aliens so advanced that they don't poop?? I sense a new thread in the making...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
yes. because if they don’t treat us like slaves then they might bring us even better tech gadgets to spend what little money we all have at the moment on.

plus we might even get to take a ride round our galaxy and meet lots of interesting aliens who will enlighten us all further, maybe even allow us to relocate in worlds where we as individuals are better suited.

hell they might even brings us immortality and a disease free planet.

maybe they would bring us peace

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

What we need is a poop missile project Project Black Doo
It won't be cheap and we'll have to test it on hapless citizens of the middle east

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kode

It could be? Maybe that would happen too but I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to adopt a skeptical wait and see attitude towards ET's bearing gifts.Ever read John Varley? Ophiuci Hotline?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sure ,why not, there here,I have seen them.

[edit on 063131p://bThursday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Why are most of the things that I love in this world hated by so many people.

Galactic Federation of light
Truth
Freedom
Honesty
Love
Sensitivity
Expression of emotions
Unity
Non-judgemental
Sticking up for others
Believing in something pure
Open-mindedness
Gentleness
Easy going
Spirituality
Nature
Animals
Hip-Hop

I dont know anyone who has the same interests as me. Seriously wondering why I was born into this world... I really dont belong here, I really dont... and I feel very sad. But when I feel sad it makes me feel more love for the condition this world and its people are in.

If I was an ET in a galactic society, I would come with a 100% intention of spreading love, technology, wealth, unity and much more.. I mean this with all my heart... And when earth became loving and peacful, I would break out in tears and give the person next to me a hug and let out those tears to release all the pain and know its finally over. For everyone. And finally we can then really begin to live a real life. This is and will allways be my dream. I dont need anyone to tell me if something that I beleive in is real or not.. nor do I need anyone to minimalize my beleives, not only do they not have the right.. its not their choice to pick what I beleive in, or others frankly. That is the only thing we got left.. Our choices and what we beleive in if anything...

If we only beleive in self, then we are not helping ourselves.

How could something so simple not be understood?
Do people understand these important issues/things?

Why do I?
Why am I here?
I feel so different????? WHY DO I???????

The collective concousness of planet earth..
Oh there's so much pain. It hurts so much. Everyone is confused

It comes and goes in pulses. If it was allways there 100% I would have allready killed myself now. In the end knowledge comes at a price, but it will allways be worth it becuase, I dont want to change who I 'am, and I feel really good at times I just get splashes of waves of love all throughout my body and there is so much goodness/love out in the universe... I mean .... for me to know and feel god and his love and to see my space brother's and feel their love too.. and to know that everything will be ok. People just dont realise the pain could end in an instant and that hurts to see as people destroy themsevles not knowing the truth.

If I only could show you what I see.

And I just gotta say.. The reason most people cant see them or pictures and video's are so blury and why people just dont see any "real evidence".

It is because they are not physical beings the same way as we are!

You will never see them if your looking through your eyes. Unless they allow themselves to be seen.

To be completely honest... They will make contact with people who truly beleive in helping this world and saving this earth. Poeple who really feel heavily in their heart will be contacted. People who feel this way are 30-40% more susceptible to contact anyway. The more you open your heart to love, the more clairvoyant you become and the more you will see.

Same with ghosts.. why can some see them and others not? And why do they often dissapear? Most humans can only get a glimpse into the space where they exist.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't think this is about everyone just wanting some relatively advanced race to come and help us out and fix all our problems. I've seen a lot of people implying that this is the only reason people would want this to happen. Or if not the only reason - by far the MAIN reason.

In my opinion if you took a poll that said "do you want to be visited by an alien race?" and then added the condition that we could receive no help/technology from the visitors; you would have almost identical poll results. People just want to know for certain we are not alone. We want to meet others and know more. It's just normal human behaviour.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
when driving home, down my street the other night, there was a part of me that was glad that no mothership had arrived... i was thinking to myself that i kinda like things the way they are.... dont get me wrong, i'm all for disclosure, but....

a mothership hanging over the sydney skies, or those of your city for that matter, would be a little too much & too menacing to handle - as a species we'd feel very, very helpless & vulnerable, & for the first time too.

so disclosure, yes, & aliens & motherships on the door step, er, no thanks.

<< 1    3 >>

join