It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Iraq WMDs joke backfires

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tweedlede

Originally posted by Facefirst

Explain to me how everyone and thier neighbor can make fun of joke about and poke fun at Bush for the very same thing and yet he cant make fun of himself?

All those examples seem to me to be ones Ive heard countless times from others and no one is slamming them for making fun of him.

Just another excuse to Bush bash?

As I put it in another thread: How can he make light of the reason he used to go to Iraq that sent 500+ American kids and 10,000 Iraqis to their deaths???

Real funny.

Do you think the double amputees sitting in Walter Reed or the kids getting shot at in Iraq found the jokes funny?

I doubt it.

Whatever little respect I had for Bush was erradicated when I heard those comments. He showed a complete lack of humanity and taste when he made those remarks.

First of I was in no way condoning Mr Bushes comments as I believe them to be in bad taste..I was simply pointing out the double standard we seem to have set. Its okay for comedians to make fun of it? No I dont think so.

No its not funny, its a sad day when people can laugh about others dieing. Even when its comedians cuz its their "job".

No sir, no one should make light of this war and Im not suggesting they do.

I only have a problem with Bush doing it because he is our leader. He makes decisions for us and represents us on the world stage. As our leader, I would have expected him to at least hold higher respect to the human lives that were ended by his Administration's deciding that war was in our best interests.

I highly doubt I would have seen Bush Sr or Colin Powell making such jokes as both had been in war and both know the pain and suffering that comes with it.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't see how any Bush supporter can rationally justify Bush's "joke."

Him and his cronies send people to die and they joke about it. That's what it amounts to. And if you support this behavior coming from a person with the most powerful position in the world, you need serious help...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

I only have a problem with Bush doing it because he is our leader. He makes decisions for us and represents us on the world stage. As our leader, I would have expected him to at least hold higher respect to the human lives that were ended by his Administration's deciding that war was in our best interests.

I highly doubt I would have seen Bush Sr or Colin Powell making such jokes as both had been in war and both know the pain and suffering that comes with it.

My point ..you should have a problem with ANYone who does it..makes jokes... regarding human life in anyway shape or form

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It was highly tasteless, IMO. I'd like to have the pics, though, so I can insert a bubble with him saying that. It would make for good political cartoon humor, as long as it's not coming from Bush himself. He should never make light of something so serious as a war, not in that respect anyway. Too many people are already disturbed over the matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Explain to me how everyone and thier neighbor can make fun of joke about and poke fun at Bush for the very same thing and yet he cant make fun of himself?

All those examples seem to me to be ones Ive heard countless times from others and no one is slamming them for making fun of him.

Have you ever been to the middle east at at time of war? The jokes you have been hearing in places like Al Franken's book and the Daily Show are a way of getting people to realize what's happening. It's not necessarily funny, it just has to be that way because that's what American's respond to. You don't see everyone tuning in to the McNeil Report every day because it's boring.

For Bush to make a joke about his false reason to send over 500 kids to their deaths borders on psychopathic.

The war was predicated on a lie, and now Bush feels the fire and thinks that by making light of it, people will laugh and forget.

I'm a soldier. I'm all for war. War for purpose and war with justification. Right now, I don't see much justification for any war that America might wage. No country presents a direct threat to us. Just a rabble band of crazies with explosives and sharp tongues.

Bring em on,
DeltaChaos

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Have you ever been to the middle east at at time of war? The jokes you have been hearing in places like Al Franken's book and the Daily Show are a way of getting people to realize what's happening. It's not necessarily funny, it just has to be that way because that's what American's respond to. You don't see everyone tuning in daily to the McNeil Report every day because it's boring.

For Bush to make a joke about his false reason to send over 500 kids to their deaths borders on psychopathic.

The war was predicated on a lie, and now Bush feels the fire and thinks that by making light of it, people will laugh and forget.

I'm a soldier. I'm all for war. War for purpose and war with justification. Right now, I don't see much justification for any war that America might wage. No country presents a direct threat to us. Just a rabble band of crazies with explosives and sharp tongues.

Bring em on,
DeltaChaos

Ive already been over this several times please read my previous posts. thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

as posted by DaRAGE
Bush's Iraq WMDs joke backfires

There is no website attached to this, i'm sorry if this goes against policy but i found it so funny i had to post it.

As such DaRAGE, you found the information were?
Book? Online chat room or forum? Link and proper citation still needs to be given, if at all possible? Your quoting from somewhere because you are using "......".
Please address or provide.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thank you Joseph Knecht.

Here is an exerpt from the article:

WASHINGTON (March 26) - President Bush's humorous references to the hunt for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq have drawn criticism from Democrats as inappropriate for wartime. The White House and Republicans contend the president was just poking fun at himself.

''This is a very serious issue,'' Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe said Friday on ''Good Morning America'' on ABC. ''We've lost hundreds of troops, as you know, over there. Let's not be laughing about not being able to find weapons of mass destruction.''

Bush's Joke About WMD Draws Criticism

seekerof

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
No mather what the republican will say to defend him, I really think this is no "joking" matters. You just can't make jokes about a war, about thousands of death and especially about political lies pulled by a repugnant like him.

Just goes to show how immoral and un-human the guy is.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
He used the "Trifecta " joke at nearly eveyone of his record setting amount of campaign stops when he was suppose to be running the country through a recession and a war. This latest is just an extension of that.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Ive already been over this several times please read my previous posts. thanks

Tweeklede, what you have been over several times was slightly less coherent than I would normally consider conscious. Please do not presume to insinuate that no one should place their opinion on the boards just because you have, even if theirs does correlate with yours.

Growing up is hard,
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I personally think that it is hilarious about how he seems to be getting dumber with every passing day. I know that the subject matter offends some people, but this is the sort of thing that people need to see in order to get the moron out of office.

I think he made those jokes because he thinks he's untouchable. He truly believes that what the people think is irrelevant. And I think he is certain that he will get another term of office, either by fixing the election or allowing another terrorist attack to happen in the US.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I agree Pisky. Take a look at this poll conducted on FoxNews.com.

www2.foxnews.com...

Clearly the people don't find it offensive because it was JUST a social event.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yeah, but those polls can say anything. In a similar Fox poll, the majority thought we should string him up by his balls.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Um foxpolls are a bit one sided don't you think? They are always very favorable towards Bush. Just like CNN tends to run the other direction.

He was still an ass for saying it. Of all the things to joke about why pick the most controversial thing about his presidency... I don't think he needs to be impeached just apologize...

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
As this thread got apropiately closed, with no answer given, no refutation, simple smile and falacies claimed without a single turn to refute, I think this thread is the most adequate to adress something
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...so Seekerof, please enlight us. What WMD was found? Ricin? Then I suppose you overlooked my post addresing the issue. I will search and give you the link to see. I suppose then that by WMD you understand 'Weapons of Minor Destruction'.

[Edit] Found the thread. You even answered after my post, but overseeing it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 2004-3-27 by MakodFilu]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Geese, the guy can make jokes about himself, especially as everyone else is using him as the butt of jokes. If those pics would have been leaked out, and a bush opponent posted them with the exact same jokes attatched? still wrong? who says its ok for one to make a joke but not another...personally im glad that clinton got a bj and bush has a sence of humor, i dont want the guys holding the nukes all uptight.

Humor is often crass, tasteless, derragatory and in poor taste....THATS WHY ITS FUNNY!!! DUH! Besides the dead dont care about the joke, only the living.

DELTA, i couldnt help picking on you in specific
WMD was only ONE of the reasons given for attacking Iraq, not the only one. (selective memory?)
you said the war was under false pretence, why? Because no wmd's have been found?
Ummm the entire UN agreed that there was a serious threat of WMD from iraq for like a decade, up to the time we invaded... some of the UN just didnt agree on the timing or the responce.

Not finding WMD's doesnt = a lie...it means that based on the data at the time the threat seemed to exist (and still could be burried) why didnt saddam just confess that he had nothing and give the UN inspectors the access the requested, he'd still be ruling in iraq today if he had. But the USA called his bluff, and enforced 10 yrs of UN imposed sanctions..too bad for him and his wmd using goons.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I was going to reply,'over 500 reasons' but tweedlede summed
it up.
S.

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Good thing Bush is now searching for them in the US since that's where the WMD are!! He is the ultimate WMD...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join