It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Iraq WMDs joke backfires

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tweedlede

your right ..its not a laughing matter..however people slamming him for the very same thing others are poking fun at him for is ridiculous when everyone else get laughed at. Since its not a luaghing matter we shouldnt laugh when others do it either.

I happen to agree that it was in bad taste on his part..but I also believe its in bad taste on all sides

WMD's are not the reason thousands of people have died there..they had a evil monster for a leader he is the reason for the many deaths in that country .. and now hes not there, good for them.

I'm not here to judge Saddam and I'm certainly glad he's gone but, if the fact that we think he was a evil monster is a reason to go attack Iraq, I could say that since Bin Laden and many people think Bush (and the US governement in general) is a Evil monster, it's probably a good reason to attack US then don't you think? Of course, people won't agree with that but my point is, don't judge on something you don't know about. For you, Saddam is the Evil guy but for many people in the world, america is evil because we go steal their resources and take advantage of them... Who's right and who's wrong?? Peace will come when people will stop wanting to rule the others... When we will stay in our country and use our resources and give jobs to our own people instead of stealing others resources and exploits their people as cheap labor for 2 dollars a week (maybe less)...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

I'm a soldier. I'm all for war. War for purpose and war with justification. Right now, I don't see much justification for any war that America might wage. No country presents a direct threat to us. Just a rabble band of crazies with explosives and sharp tongues.

Bring em on,
DeltaChaos

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

You're absolutely right! The US governement wants you to believe that there is a threat coming from these countries but it is really coming from a group of people only. Killing civilians is not a good way to take care of that threat since, you're creating even more hatred in those populations and they will start to believe that the terrorists are right and justified to attack the US. Going to war with Iraq was the worst error the US governement made because from now on, the threat of new attacks will only continue to grow more and more, which, if Bush stays there, will make him go to war with everybody since he'll be so scared (he's even attacking verbally other countries like France for not going to war...who will be next on his list?)... Maybe we'll find him in a hole too someday....

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Geese, the guy can make jokes about himself, especially as everyone else is using him as the butt of jokes. If those pics would have been leaked out, and a bush opponent posted them with the exact same jokes attatched? still wrong? who says its ok for one to make a joke but not another...personally im glad that clinton got a bj and bush has a sence of humor, i dont want the guys holding the nukes all uptight.

Erm...yeah... Bush has a sense of humor. Bush to his advisors "Hey guys!! Hehe, let's make a joke and click on that red button just for fun and see what that'll do!" Click! BAOUMM!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Effectively immediately I've outlawed the Soviet Union...we begin bombing in 10 minutes! said into a tape recorded ON PURPOSE as a joke with people listening.

If ANYONE but ol' gamppy Reagen had said that they would have been run out of Washington on a rail. The problem some Conservatives (like Bush) have now is trying to live up to the "straight shootin" non PC heritage that seemingly only Reagen could get away with. No, we don't like those kind of jokes now.

I suspect if a good old boy like Jesse Helms tried speaking at a public event now he'd be boo'ed. Man, the gay and black bashing was rampant in the 80's. It's amazing thinking back. All in good fun...

I do think Bush demonstrates a lack of seriousness sometimes though. Though he's not as bad as his predecessors.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
www.townhall.com...#

this is the transcprit of the speech. im not sure if this was posted or not.

did bush write that speech? if he didnt, what does his speech writer have against him?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tweedlede
Explain to me how everyone and thier neighbor can make fun of joke about and poke fun at Bush for the very same thing and yet he cant make fun of himself?

All those examples seem to me to be ones Ive heard countless times from others and no one is slamming them for making fun of him.

Just another excuse to Bush bash?

It works like this.

We can all make fun, yes.

He can make fun if he wants...in private.

What he did cheapened the lives of over 500 people, and what's worse, is it showed that he realized how farcical the WMD cover was for the war. He knows he did something wrong, but he chuckles and shrugs it off.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join