It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? (google earth) (oct 14th) (pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hey guys, I woke up this morning and went right away on google earth and noticed something that I have never noticed before. It looks kind of weird.

Here are the pics:

To find this on google earth, all i did was select the weather option from the layers menu.

If you cant see the image properly, then use these links:

i300.photobucket.com...

i300.photobucket.com...

[edit on 14-10-2008 by ckrules]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Could it possibly be Antarctica???? Gimme a break. PLEASE read the satellite anomaly thread and put you mind at ease.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
that has been there for awhile. I noticed that about a month ago.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by EpicJ19]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Really, so thats not always been there?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
idk i downloaded google earth about a month ago so idk how long it has been there.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckrules
Really, so thats not always been there?

No its only been there for the last 6 billion years.....well not in that exact location but its existed for 6 billion years

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
i think what you are referring to is the starburst effect at the pole, i believe this is an artifact caused by the splicing together of the satellite images used to build the google earth globe.

the effect is so much more noticeable at the poles because it gives the effect of coming to a point in various shades of white and grey, but the splicing lines can be observed all over the virtual globe.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in one of the existing threads.

See this thread

We are suffering from an insane over-abundance of "Blossom Goodchild" threads related to a wide range of various opinions regarding predictions of events to occur on October 14, 2008.

FROM THIS POINT FORWARD: No new threads about these predictions or potential accuracy of the predictions will be tolerated. New threads will be removed as soon as our staff notices the appearance.

Please use the wide range of existing threads to discuss the predictions and any speculation as to whether or not events on October 14th match what has been predicted.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join